- Report: #201247
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Westwood College/Alta Colleges
Westwood College/Alta Colleges8390 LBJ Freeway Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Westwood College/Alta Colleges Liars, cheaters, business (not an educational institute), check financial aid, credits, and HOW GOOD YOUR INSTRUCTORS ACTUALLY ARE, ARE THEY ACCREDITED, DO THEY HAVE EXPERIENCE???? THE ANSWER IS YES, EXPERIENCE AT Fast Food! Dallas Texas
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Former Employee Inside Information
*Consumer Suggestion: Facebook Group to Fight Back
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You've got to be kidding me.....
*UPDATE Employee: Accepting credits from other institutions
*Consumer Comment: ALMOST FREE TECH SCHOOLS
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sure it's accredited......
*UPDATE Employee: Westwood College IS accredited, of course...
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I think TxGirl is one of the many who have been brainwashed by Westwood.
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Westwood sure does change lives..but for the wrose
*UPDATE Employee: Do your research!
*Consumer Comment: Did they recently lose their accreditation?
A businesses first
line of defense on
If your business
willing to make a
Click here now..
This school has been under class action law suits for over 2 years, at this campus alone. The entire company has always been under fire because:
1. They do not have any type of accreditation. The accreditation they do have, is equal to your high school or even elementary school. But remember, high school's are usually public and free! Westwood College is 35,000, and you are not getting shit! You goto school everyday to surf on the internet, if your computer works. I am in the Network Program and I hate my program director, J GONZALEZ. I will not include my race, nor my close friends, but J GONZALEZ will only teach to the hispanic students, hince his last name. He wants to talk to all of his students about how bad the school is, including all the latest gossip (he said, she said bs), and how much he is going to teach us. BUT HE NEVER TEACHES US xxxxxx! EXCEPT HOW TO WRITE EMAILS TO CORPORATE.
2. Check your financial aid, and stay with it! If you notice, there are a lot of kids starting "Independant Studies". What are these you ask? An independant study is what you can do from your home. And it's what a lot of students are doing, because the school does not have enough money nor instructors to put you in an actual class room environment. YOU ARE STILL CHARGED THE SAME! You are charged well over $4,500 per term, YES, even if you are at home studying, they are charging you for the same price as being in a real class! Is that fair? NO!!
3. Investigate this school, in Dallas Texas, for kids in school but have not taken the accuplacer test, wonderlic test, or even paid for their application to the school.
Why is this happening do you ask? Well in the admissions department, they are required to make their quota. And that's exactly what is happening, that xxx in admissions is pulling in kids left and right. Most of these students are not qualified for a school like this. And when we say qualified we mean, financially! A xxx from Europe, that does not speak any English, can attend Westwood, as long as they can afford it. But most of these students E Southwell is pulling in, are not students of any type. A good 75% of the students that start do not finish because they cannot afford the school!
Also, investigate why the school is under such a strange employment turn over rate. Where are all these directors, instructors, and other people going? The answer: To better jobs that actually educate students, THAT'S WHERE!
A college will actually educate a student and will help that studen succeed.
Most honest people will not try and school you on your resume with lots of colors and pictures on it! xxxx you career development at Westwood College, Dallas Texas!
W Martin, a former Westwood ICB graduate, is now working as a CDS employee...woo hooo if she would only find my friends a job, instead of bs them on their resume. We bring a resume, and ever time she says it's not good enough. She tries to place pictures on our resumes!!! ?? what is wrong with this picture?
And not to mention their director, M Ramsey. Who has a bachelors in Ministry, not business nor anything to do with finding jobs for professionals.
Westwood College Career Development is a department of people who look thru the newspaper, that's right. You are considered a director of career development if you too can pick up a newspaper and point and say, I'm going to put this student at this xxxx job, meaning it's not a job in the field of study!!!
We say, fight back students! There will be more to come!! I graduate in 2 more terms, and trust me I will keep digging for more information. Believe it or not, most of this information was provided by our program director. So, trust me, by graduation we will have more. I'm intrested in the type of job they try and find me.
DO NOT EVER GOTO THIS SCHOOL! This is only a tradeschool for medical assistants, and nothing else. Investigate Instructors? And do not listen to those xxx in Admissions.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2006 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-CollegeAlta-Colleges/Dallas-Texas-75243/Westwood-CollegeAlta-Colleges-Liars-cheaters-business-not-an-educational-institute-c-201247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)