Complaint Review: Wheelers Las Vegas RV - Keystone RV

• Updated: Mon, November 16, 2009

• Reported By: Blaine Johnson — Hackberry Arizona United States of America
Wheelers Las Vegas RV - Keystone RV
13175 Las Vegas Blvd. So Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Wheelers Las Vegas RV - Keystone RV wilson rvold tires on a new motorhome Las Vegas Nevada

This year my wife and I bought a NEW motor home from Las Vegas RV and paid them cash for the unit. We put approximately 5000 miles on it and had a tire side wall blow out. The unit had no spare which we were told it did and we had to buy a new tire for it at the cost of $455.00 dollars. The dealer said the tire was old and I had him look at all of the tires and he said they were all the same year and old and dangerous.

I confronted the dealer with this and they rudely told me to bring the motorhome in and they would see if the tires were safe. I took the motor home tire that blew to a Good Year dealer and they said the tire was not only to old to warrenty but some one at the dealership put stop leak in it which voided any warrenty also.

I wrote the dealer a letter explaining the situation and they said they would not participate in putting new tires on the motor home.

The dealer said that I was given a walk through and everything was explained to us about the motorhome. It was a very fast walk through and the man that did it missed several things that I had to go back and get fixed. They still have not fixed the bathroom sink but I have given up on that. They said that when I took the motorhome in for repairs that I did not mention the tires. Well at the time I did not know that the tires were being held up with stop leak and that was at 3600 miles.

When we went back in to pick up a part for the sink (which was far from right) We told the saleman and the finance person (Walter) about the tire situation and they both said take it to GoodYear because they were under warrenty. We did and that is when we found out how old the tires were and that they were not under warrenty, plus the stop leak voided any warrenty also.

I did not take the motorhome to Las Vegas RV to have them inspect the tires as a third party already told me they were unsafe and it would cost me quite a bit to drive the motorhome to Las Vegas RV from Arizona, just to be told they look safe to them.

I bought a new motorhome believing the tires were at least under warrenty but they are not and I want them replaced with new safe tires.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2009 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wheelers-Las-Vegas-RV-Keystone-RV/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89044/Wheelers-Las-Vegas-RV-Keystone-RV-wilson-rvold-tires-on-a-new-motorhome-Las-Vegas-Nevada-524192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wheelers Las Vegas RV - Keystone RV