Complaint Review: WheresMyTutor.com | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Where’s My Tutor Quizzes, tests, completing homework assignments, finishing laboratory experiments, or simply playing "catch-up" due to an absence, "Where's My Tutor?" is the best choice for QUICKLY meeting the student's academic needs. WheresMyTutor.com tutoring referral services with vast database of 8300+ tutors located in all regions & major cities throughout United States.

• Submitted: Sat, September 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, May 31, 2014

• Reported By: Maria — Concord California
Where's My Tutor
199 Brandywyne Terrace, Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Costa Mesa, California USA

WheresMyTutor.com REVIEW: “Where’s My Tutor” dedicated to total customer satisfaction. Since 2009 WheresMyTutor.com connects qualified tutors with students of every age in all parts of U.S. WheresMyTutor successfully uses “online” approach connecting tutors for “live, 1-on-1, in-person” tutoring. Users of WheresMyTutor.com website rest assured when doing business.
*UPDATE: WheresMyTutor.com pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. WheresMyTutor.com recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: A Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to WheresMyTutor.com for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s lengthy discussions with Justin C. Ketcham at WheresMyTutor.com shows us a commitment by the company to total student satisfaction. This means that customers of WheresMyTutor (Tutors, Parents, and Students) can expect that the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any worries or concerns brought to its attention. WheresMyTutor.com listens carefully to any and all customer concerns and recognizes them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

WheresMyTutor’s company director, Mr. Ketcham, has informed us that since the company’s inception in 2009, its philosophy has always been one of simplicity. "The simple reality is this: without keeping the tutors, parents, and students satisfied, WheresMyTutor.com is little more than one of many millions of websites on the Internet. That being said, WheresMyTutor aspires to placing all of its tutors with parents/students in a relatively short period of time – and best of all, WheresMyTutor never takes a “cut” of it’s tutors’ earnings – why should they? The TUTORS are the one’s doing all of the work! If a tutor charges $25/hour for his or her tutoring services, they keep ALL of the $25/hour. Fair enough?”

By always putting its customers first, WheresMyTutor looks to maintain its current top-level ranking as one of the premier online marketplaces for connecting parents and students with live (in-person) one-on-one academic tutors anywhere in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
WheresMyTutor is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Justin C. Ketcham during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward WheresMyTutor.com.

WheresMyTutor.com is a company providing an online meeting place for tutors to connect with students ages K-12 and their parents, regarding all school subjects. The initial connection is made on the website, and then the tutoring takes place in person. WheresMyTutor.com acquires leads primarily by contacting high schools, junior highs, and elementary schools. At that point, the school then notifies its students and makes them aware of WheresMyTutor.com, and the company is put on the school’s list for parents and students to find tutors.

WheresMyTutor.com’s sales process allows potential tutors to sign up and use the website to connect with students and parents in need of tutoring services. In this instance, the customer is the tutor, and they are offered a yearly subscription service to access the website. In exchange for this yearly fee, the tutor (customer) is then listed in the tutoring directory and is sent an unlimited amount of parent and student leads by WheresMyTutor.com.

WHERESMYTUTOR.COM CUSTOMER COMPLAINT RESOLUTION

Occasionally, customers (tutors) do have complaints. “Out of 9,000 tutors, it is bound to happen,” states Justin C. Ketcham, a representative of WheresMyTutor.com. In the instance that a complaint does arise, the customer is typically offered three choices for resolution of the issues. First, “[We] offer a full review of [customer’s] profile page that parents/students see, for tips and review to maximize potential of attracting parents/students,” states Mr. Ketcham. “That usually works… If it is still not resolved, [the customer] is offered two choices: a refund and delete profile page, or an upgrade free of charge,” states Mr. Ketcham. The team at WheresMyTutor.com strives to personally respond to complaints by reaching out to the customers directly via e-mail, or, if the customer is on a third party website, then WheresMyTutor.com will contact the customer via that website’s private message forum, to ensure that the complaint is being resolved and the customer is satisfied. Typically, customers are pleased with being offered three choices, and the situation is considered resolved. Once a complaint is resolved, the issue remains closed, and if the customer was offered a refund, then the account is closed, as well.

Every so often, WheresMyTutor will receive emails from tutors claiming that they are not receiving enough “Tutoring Requests” from parents and/or students. Some tutors will claim that the company is thus a “scam” and that WheresMyTutor has just taken their $19.99 (or $29.99) yearly investment and given them nothing in return – while this is obviously not true, WheresMyTutor.com has taken recent measures to ensure its tutors (both current tutors and future, prospective tutors) DO receive more than enough “Tutoring Requests” from parents/students and most tutors earn back their small yearly investment (only $1.67/month) in a matter of days rather than weeks. After adding new team members, increasing its web-presence and search engine rankings, WheresMyTutor re-submitted itself to the Better Business Bureau and the Business Consumer Alliance for inspection on company fair business practices and efficacy as a leading online Tutoring Directory. WheresMyTutor was recently rigorously analyzed by the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA), and their current status is an A rating.

With nearly 9000 tutors throughout the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), occasionally some tutors will claim that they were “never warned” by Where’s My Tutor about their upcoming yearly (not monthly) subscription renewal fee of $19.99 (or $29.99 depending on type of membership). This is not possible – WheresMyTutor uses a third-party credit card processor to protect it’s tutors (“customers”). They use the third-party credit card processor FastSpring.com, and by law all tutors are required to be sent an email reminder of this upcoming charge 10 days in advance. Tutors who “don’t receive” the subscription reminder email are simply tutors who no longer monitor the email address(es) that WheresMyTutor has on file for them. To rectify the issue, WheresMyTutor now requires tutors to periodically update their email address(es) in the system to ensure that these complaints will no longer surface.

Since receiving complaints via Ripoff Report, WheresMyTutor.com has hired more programmers to put them on the first page of a Google search, allowing their customers (tutors) to have better exposure and acquire more leads. Additionally, “The Better Business Bureau has reviewed our business practices and we currently hold an “A” rating,” states Mr. Ketcham.

WheresMyTutor.com recognizes the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and customers to interact and resolve issues. “Online consumers respect Ripoff Report; we are proud to be involved with their program,” states Mr. Ketcham.

WHERESMYTUTOR.COM CUSTOMER REVIEWS

During the course of its extensive investigation into the business practices of the team at WheresMyTutor.com, Ripoff Report visited the company’s headquarters (jokingly referred to as the “main campus”) and witnessed first-hand some positive reviews from both tutors and students alike. Here are a few:

"As a part-time tutor, I have met many students and parents via the WheresMyTutor website. It’s very easy really – I never have to login or anything like that. I just get an email sent to my phone and the email has all of the prospective tutee’s information: subject to be tutored, questions, comments, and a return email address (obviously). Just like that I’ve received a potential tutoring job – it is well worth the sign up fee of $19.99 in my opinion!” ~ KYLE (Murfreesboro, TN)

"I’m a single parent with 2 kids in high school. I found WheresMyTutor through word-of-mouth from a neighbor friend of mine and I LOVE LOVE that I just have to email / text our tutors, and they respond so quickly too! My kids grades have improved, and it’s also a big bonus that I can pay them directly in cash. No huge monthly bills from a tutoring agency like some of my other friends have. Thanks WMT” ~ Merrill (Newark, NJ)

"Where's My Tutor is a must-use service if you're interested in tutoring students! A+++ !!! My name is Brittney and I came across WMT's ad for tutoring positions on my college's career services job site. I am currently a math/comp. sci. major in my sophomore year, and I was interested in earning some part-time money as a tutor. I'd been tutoring mathematics, through college algebra for quite some time, and with this experience and a 3.2 GPA I figured I'd give it a shot. Since signing up only a few weeks ago, I now tutor a few people 3x a week -- sometimes on campus, which is nice since I live on campus, and also off-campus in students' homes or at Starbucks. I thought there'd be some "down time" after signing up, but not at all. WMT has allowed me to go shopping more often and to not worry about running out of money. So, a special thanks to you guys from a "not-so-starving student." Thanks again! You guys are an "A+++" company!" -- Brittney S. - Columbus, OH.

WHERESMYTUTOR.COM / Statements from the Company.

"Wheres My Tutor” is one of the nation's fastest growing and most popular academic tutoring directories. All of our tutors conduct their 1-on-1 tutoring sessions in the comfort of the students' homes, or at a neutral location such as a local library, coffee shop, or even on campus. Our tutors come to you! If you are a student who is struggling with your studies, or the parent of a student who is having difficulties with his or her coursework, then you've come to the right place. We offer tutoring for all ages in all subjects. Hiring a friendly, experienced, and approachable tutor is an excellent way to provide the support and confidence that the student needs to reach his or her full potential in school. “Where's My Tutor” believes that a highly individualized, 1-on-1 tutoring relationship is the best method for rapidly improving a student's academic performance.

WheresMyTutor.com takes customer satisfaction seriously as well. Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that WheresMyTutor’s past and current approach to 100% tutors / parents / students satisfaction is always at the forefront of the company’s goals as a leading online “Tutoring Directory.”

ANY BUSINESS THAT CAN ADMIT THEY’VE MADE A FEW MISTAKES IN THE PAST AND IS 100% WILLING TO CORRECT ITS MISTAKES, IS A BUSINESS YOU CAN TRUST.

WheresMyTutor.com is committed to 100% customer satisfaction and has made every possible effort to ensure that all of its tutors, parents, and students have a positive experience while using the site and connecting with each other for many hours of productive instruction at any age-level and in any subject area.

After speaking with the management at WheresMyTutor.com and emailing anyone who has filed a complaint with us in the past, Ripoff Report is proud to give WheresMyTutor.com a positive A-Rating. WheresMyTutor.com has made efforts to ensure that all customers were satisfied, and WheresMyTutor.com has assured Rip-off Report that its business has a much improved business model that features customer satisfaction as its top priority.

WheresMyTutor.com has gone on the record as stating: “We carefully consider all customer complaints as constructive criticism and use these complaints as tools to monitor the utility and success of our existing business model and our devotion to getting all of our tutors connected with parents and students in a matter of days as opposed to weeks. Our goal is to place all tutors that sign up with a potentially unlimited number of “Tutoring Requests” in a relatively short period of time. This goal ensures that the small sign-up fee of $19.99 can easily be recouped by our customers in no time at all; and it’s important to note that this fee is yearly ($1.67/month), NOT monthly!!”

"We hired a guy on freelancer.com to make it so when a new tutor signs up in a new city, our sitemap will automatically build a SEO-friendly page that will eventually show up in google’s organic search results. For example, if our database of tutors does not have a tutor in this new tutor’s city, a new page on our site would be built for that tutor – so if a parent/student types into google: “[subject] tutors [city]”, a page from our site would show up in the organic search results. We buy google PPC traffic, but “tutoring” is very competitive, which is why we hired a freelance programmer. We now let our new tutors know that they must whitelist our domain name (wheresmytutor.com) and the domain name of our credit card processor (fastspring.com). I now work full-time on wheresmytutor.com, so I always reply to emails and phone calls within 24-36 hours."

WheresMyTutor.com recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s Investigation, WheresMyTutor has made organizational changes allowing its tutors and parents a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great customer experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the company and many of its past and current affiliations, Ripoff Report is comfortable that WheresMyTutor.com is committed to quality delivery of its tutoring services resulting in total tutor, parent, and student satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------

Where's My Tutor wheresmytutor.com Automatic renewal with NO warning Costa Mesa California

I had originally enrolled in this service, hoping to get some extra cash while in college. I paid the fee and expected to get SOME sort of work from it, but time has passed and I haven't been contacted even ONCE by someone wishing to get tutoring help.

I was under the impression that I had canceled my subscription, but apparently I had not. I just got an email this morning stating I am renewed for another year of the service, and my card has been billed.

I am very upset about this, because I was not aware this is a recurring payment, and according to the director Justin C. Ketcham I should have received a sort of "warning" email, which I did NOT receive. I have checked my email exhaustively and haven't found anything other than the emails I got today about this.

Justin has contacted me, and says that I am not entitled to a refund, which is ridiculous, I do not need the service for another year and do not wish to even be listed on their database anymore. It is useless to me and only one day has passed in this "year" so I believe I am entitled to a refund regardless of their "policy".

I have contacted their finance handler "Fastspring" and hope they can help me with this issue, if not I am a very unhappy customer that is now $20 dollars short on an unknown account that I now have to track down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wheres-My-Tutor/Costa-Mesa-California/Wheres-My-Tutor-wheresmytutorcom-Automatic-renewal-with-NO-warning-Costa-Mesa-Californi-1086309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Where's My Tutor

Refund Processed

AUTHOR: Maria - ()

My issue was promptly resolved. Refund was issues and will soon be processed to my account. I am a happy customer!