Complaint Review: Wheresmyrebate.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 04, 2005

• Reported By:Wellesley Massachusetts
Wheresmyrebate.com
PO Box 821 , New Rochelle NY New Rochelle, New York U.S.A.

Wheresmyrebate.com Ripoff! Failure to Honor 100% Compliance Rebate. New Rochelle, New York

I purchased a Wireless USB Adaptor from Microcenter in Cambridge. It was manufactured by Buffalo. The product was purchased as advertised with a $20 mail in rebate. I recieved an email from WheresMyRebate.Com rejecting my rebate with the quoted text: "Product purchased not included in this offer. UPC submitted not qualify for rebate."

I submitted the entire rebate in 100% compliance with the provided form from Microcenter. This means I cut up the box, cut out the UPC, checked the box on the rebate form matching the identical UPC code , had a receipt, all well within the send before deadline. I also copied everything.

Upon calling the company, the phone rep (after 30 minutes on hold) simply said I had done it wrong, yet I hadn't . Finally I was given a fax number to resend the information. I asked, since I'd done it right the first time, why it would be accepted a second time?

Filling out rebates, xeroxing, mailing takes time. Rejecting for no reason takes up even more time. WheresMyRebate.com is the most appropriate title for a company I can think of. They should change their name to "Wewontgiveyouyourrebate.com"

Ted
Wellesley, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2005 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wheresmyrebatecom/New-Rochelle-New-York-10802/Wheresmyrebatecom-Ripoff-Failure-to-Honor-100-Compliance-Rebate-New-Rochelle-New-York-130130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wheresmyrebate.com