Complaint Review: Whimbeads

• Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By: kim — columbus Michigan United States of America
Whimbeads
121 E. Colati Ave. Colati, California United States of America

Whimbeads Out on a Whim Company does not sell what it promises Colati California

After searching for beads of an uncommon size I found them at Whimbeads.com and was very excited as they are not widely used.  This company had many colors and finishes to choose from.  I noticed that, on their seedbeads main page they had stated that "we do not carry any surface-dyed colors".

Well, to my chagrin, after completing a 4 hour project, I noticed that some of the beads I used had lost their color.  Upon further examination with magnifying glasses it was apparent that the surface color had rubbed off due to handling.  I was livid due to the amount I had paid for the beads and the time I had spent working on my project.

When I called Whimbeads and explained my problem to them, the woman on the phone said " yes, well, some of the beads have a lower quality".  No apology, no remorse and no offer of replacing the beads.  Needless to say, I went to another company.  Beada, Beada has provided awesome service and they warn you of beads that may have a delicate surface that may rub off after extended use.

It's sad when a company belies their own statements and then, when it is found they are mistaken, can not admit it or offer an apology for the inconvenience of a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whimbeads/Colati-California-94931/Whimbeads-Out-on-a-Whim-Company-does-not-sell-what-it-promises-Colati-California-979140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whimbeads