Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — Amarillo Texas
Whirlpool
Benton Harbor, Michigan USA

Whirlpool Maytag I purchased a Maytag MDB7749AWW dishwasher in March of 2012. The electronic control on this unit failed in June of 2013 (3 months out of warranty). I have been trying to get a replacement part for over a month, the part is on backorder and unvailable. Whirlpool is unable to tell me when the part will be available. So, I have had no dishwasher for over a month and have no idea when, or if it will be repairable. Additionally this part is $150. 00 and another $75.00 to have it changed. So it is going to cost me $225.00 to repair a 15 month old dishwasher that i paid $450.00 for.  Benton Harbor Michigan

I purchased a Maytag MDB7749AWW dishwasher in March of 2012. The electronic control on this unit failed in June of 2013 (3 months out of warranty). I have been trying to get a replacement part for over a month, the part is on backorder and unvailable. Whirlpool is unable to tell me when the part will be available. So, I have had no dishwasher for over a month and have no idea when, or if it will be repairable. Additionally this part is $150. 00 and another $75.00 to have it changed. So it is going to cost me $225.00 to repair a 15 month old dishwasher that i paid $450.00 for. I have received ZERO support from Whirlpool, they told me today, 7-31-13, that the part is still unavailable and they will notify me in 3-6 business days as to if they can find a part. After seeing all the issues other people have had with this part, Whirlpools total lack of concern or support for the consumer and the cost issue it makes no sense to repair this unit only to see it fail again in a year or so. Basically I have a $450. 00 boat anchor. The retailerI purchased it from feels bad and is offering me another manufactures machine at a reduced price, Maytag has refused to do anything for me. I will never buy another Whirlpool / Maytag item again and I do intend to add my name to the pending class action suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool-/Benton-Harbor-Michigan/Whirlpool-Maytag-I-purchased-a-Maytag-MDB7749AWW-dishwasher-in-March-of-2012-The-electro-1071891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool