Complaint Review: Whirlpool Corp

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 24, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Whirlpool Corp
2000 N M-63 Benton Harbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Whirlpool Corp Defective cooktop They wont honor their extended warranty Benton Harbor Michigan

I purchased a new Whirlpool 30 inch electric cooptop model 3gjc3034lp02. I bought the extended warranty through Whirlpool, that covers parts and labor for 3 years.

When it was under 2 years old, it cracked wide open, ruining it. This happened while I was cooking a pot of beans. It cracked from the heat.

I called to have it repaired under warranty. The warranty company Whirlpool uses is called The Warranty Group or Service Saver inc.

The technician came to my house and says " This doesn't appear to be a thermo crack. You dropped something on it." They would not fix it under warranty, but offered to repair it for more money than a new one would cost.
I declined.

I never dropped anything on this cooktop. Not even a light drop. I took good care of it. It broke on it's own. The technician says they can tell by the crack pattern, that something was dropped on it. He is mistaken or lying.

I have called everyone I can think of at Whirlpool and The Warranty Group. They will not do anything. I was ripped off for the $320 cost of the cooktop, $101 for the extended warranty, and called a liar.

Jeff m
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2008 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool-Corp/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022-2692/Whirlpool-Corp-Defective-cooktop-They-wont-honor-their-extended-warranty-Benton-Harbor-Mic-328609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool Corp