- Report: #817835
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation553 Benson Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022 Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America
Whirlpool Corporation Federal Warantee Services Corp Did not honor Extended Warantee on Maytag Neptune Washer, lied about coverage. Benton Harbor, Michigan
*UPDATE Employee: Extended Warranty from Federal Warantee Services Corp
*Consumer Suggestion: Once again, the devil is in the details
*Consumer Comment: Problem with Chargeback
*Consumer Comment: Charge back the warranty
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A technician came to my home on the 30th to look at the washer. He ran it for just a few minutes and said that a bearing was bad. He said it was a rather extensive repair and he would have to call the warantee company to see how they would handle it. He was on the phone with them for a good 30 minutes and then he told me I would be getting a new washer as the repair was just too expensive to perform on a machine this old. He said i could go and pick out a new machine and they would call me in a few days.
On January 4, 2012 i received a call and the peron told me that they were willing to give me a cash buyout in the amount of $151.53 - not enough for neither a new machine nor a repair. So basically i am out close to $170.00 for absolutely nothing. I asked him if they would pleae consider refunding my $319.90 as the warantee was totally useless. he said no and i asked him who I could speak to in order to find out what could be done. He gave me a number and a case number.
Lon, long story short. After 6 or 7 calls of being told that they would never repair a machine this old and clearly they are not giving me anything more than $151.53, I decided to try to see if other people have had this problem with this company. i found out that Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool.
There are three main points here that make believe Whirlpool Corp is unethical in it's selling of these extended warantees.
1. They knew the age of the machine when they offered me the warantee. Clearly they knew that barely anything would be covered, yet they took my money regardless.
2. They sent me the contract paperwork long after the transaction took place.
3. The repairman was very clear that they would replace my current washer with any washer i wanted - i specifically asked. Quite frankly, i would be fine if they would jsut fix my washer as they promised me on the phone right up front.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool-Corporation/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Whirlpool-Corporation-Federal-Warantee-Services-Corp-Did-not-honor-Extended-Warantee-on-Ma-817835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.