Complaint Review: Whirlpool Of Canada..

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 16, 2007

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
Whirlpool Of Canada..
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Whirlpool Of Canada ripoff Whirlpool Does Not Stand Behind Produc Toronto Ontario

*Author of original report: Whirlpool Service Gets Worse in Vancouver

We purchased a Whirlpool Washer Model #LHW0050PQ. We purchased Whirlpool because we thought this was a good product, with service behind them. I found out this is not the case what so ever.

We had this product delivered on June 7, 07. With in 12 hours it had stopped working. A tech came out to look at it, and he could not do a diagnosis on the machine. He left with out really telling us much, including his name.

I called Whirlpool with my dilemma about a machine lasting no more than 12 hours. They told me that they needed to see the paper work from the tech before they could make a decision. This could take up to 48 hours. The options of solutions they suggested were (1) New Machine Delivered. (2) Fixed (which I did not want). (3) A credit which would allow me to purchase a new machine (which is the the one I opted for)
When I called Whirlpool on Thursday a.m. I was told a repair person would come out and fix it. Because it was under warranty they are only in mandate to "fix it". I am not impressed as I feel that a washer should last more than 3 washes before being fixed, it should be replaced. I feel that now I have purchased a "used washer" and this is not what I wanted. They basically told me that is "all they could do".

I really feel I was ripped off with the service of Whirlpool and the quality of the machine. I have lost all faith in Whirlpool products because of their lack of quality, and lack of accountability to please the customer.

Do not purchase this product because in my opinion it should be replaced, not fixed. If I want a used machine I could go on Craig's list and purchase one.
Not impressed at all in Vancouver Canada.

David
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2007 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool-Of-Canada/Toronto-Ontario/Whirlpool-Of-Canada-ripoff-Whirlpool-Does-Not-Stand-Behind-Produc-Toronto-Ontario-254512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool Of Canada..

Whirlpool Service Gets Worse in Vancouver

AUTHOR: David - (Canada)

I called Whirlpool two days later (Wednesday)and they told me that "fixing" the washer was the only option. I again reiterated that I felt I was being treated unfairly and that a new washer should be the answer. This was an option they told me could happen. I feel as though the "customer service" person told me what I wanted to hear the first time I called whirlpool.

After some minutes on the phone trying to plead my case for a new washer instead of fixing it, I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere. When I asked to speak to someone else I was told 'there is no one else that will give you another answer". In other words....take it or leave it!

He then told me he would call that day or the next to have a tech come out and fix the washer (now making the washer a used product in my mind). They never called, when I rang back on the Thursday it was then he told me that the parts would have to be ordered in which can take 3-5 days. Then they would call a tech to fix the machine.

To say that I am livid is an understatement. We have a brand new washer sitting in our condo with laundry building. The inconvenience and lack of service is inexcusable! A washer will be sitting idle for almost two weeks when I thought we had purchased a quality product.

It shows to me that their quality and service match quite well. Both pathetic and inferior to many other major brand names.

We will now have to do laundry in a laundry matt to get this done! While we wait and wait for them to assist us in a timely manner.

Dave in Vancouver......