Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 21, 2008

• Reported By:Ottawa Illinois
Whirlpool
553 Benson Road Benton Arbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Whirlpool Appliance Co. Rip - off - Water leaking Cabrio washer - manufacturer DEFECT - Whirlpool has not developed resolution Benton Arbor Michigan

I purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer on 10/27/06 - it has leaked water since I purchased it on the left front panel, near the detergent fill area. The machine has rust due to repeated water exposure. I have spent half the original price of the washer on technician service calls. Once the tech is at our home, he calls the tech support person at Whirlpool. Whirlpool admits a problem with the Cabrio washer (Model #WTW6200SW1 Serial # CT4370251. Per Whirlpool, "they are working on developing what is called an updated washer ring to avoid water spillage". As a temporary fix, my current repair consisted of 2 service men placing a piece of metallic tape around the detergent ring, turning down the water pressure, so water is less likely to damage my machine and floor, per instruction given to them by Whirlpool tech support. It is uncertain, if Whirlpool is constructing this corrective piece - or even if it is in the works. How long do I wait until it is distributed - how long do I wait until a permanent repair is reached - and how much more money do I spend on this "lemon"? Additionally, I have NEVER received any notification by Whirlpool there was a problem with this specific washer. I have spent several hours on the phone speaking to Whirlpool and Sears. Nice - but no help. I called Sears and asked what I could get for a trade in for a new machine. I was told I would get nothing for my old machine - but a charge of $10.00 to haul it away. When I goggled Whirlpool yesterday, it is apparent many unhappy customers are out there in the same boat I am. Whirlpool is selling and distributing faulty, dysfunctional equipment - sadly, not feeling any amount of accountability for their product. Resolution - Whirlpool owes me a brand new machine - not one "fixed" with metallic tape.

Barb
Ottawa, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2008 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/Benton-Arbor-Michigan-49022-2692/Whirlpool-Appliance-Co-Rip-off-Water-leaking-Cabrio-washer-manufacturer-DEFECT-Wh-334119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool