Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Submitted: Mon, January 03, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: Jeannette — Northville Michigan United States of America
200M-63 North Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America

Whirlpool Kitchen Aid Over priced - poor quality - rip off dishwasher Benton Harbor, Michigan

We purchased a Whirlpool Kitchen Aid in February 2010 and paid over $1300.00. It was supposed to be one of the top of the line dishwashers and an energy saver. It is not an energy saver because sometimes we have to run the dishwasher twice. There have been several technicians to make repairs, of which they replaced major parts, but it still doesn't wash correctly. My silverware doesn't look clean. The inside of the door and tub arevery discolored, and the inside is stainless steel. Whirlpool said it was because we have hard water. We are not on a well and live in a city outside of Detroit. We obtained a copy of our city's water testing and we DO NOT have hard water. There is dirty water that sits in the bottom where the water drains. It makes me wonder how clean my dishes and silverware really are. We have lived in our home for over 20 years and previously owned a Kitchen Aid and NEVER had these problems and even had the same water system!

We also sent a letter of our complaints to the CEO,Mr. Jeff Fettingof Whirlpool, Benton Harbor, Michiganoffice, on 12/6/10 and he hasn't replied.

If you are thinking of getting a top of the line Kitchen Aid dishwasher DON'T. They are over priced and sub quality. It angers me that I gave gave them a check that didn't bounce, but I am stuck with JUNK and THEY GET AWAY WITH IT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 11:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49002/Whirlpool-Kitchen-Aid-Over-priced-poor-quality-rip-off-dishwasher-Benton-Harbor-Michi-678329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool