Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:Florissant Missouri
Whirlpool
553 Benson Rd Benton Harbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Whirlpool Corporation Defective Whirlpool Front Loader Washer Benton Harbor Michigan

I bought a Front Loader Whirlpool Duet Washer in September 2007. I have nothing but consistent problems. I have had the washer worked on 4 times since I bought the washer. Now it is not working at all. First of all I could not wash without something getting stuck in the Sud. It cost me more than I paid for the washer to have someone come out and work on the washer.

First socks were getting caught in the sud(sunk pump). I had someone to come out to service the washer. He suggested I put all socks in bag. I did that. Then other items started getting caught in the sud. It is almost as if everything you wash have to be put in a bag in order for it not to get caught in the pump. It became nerve racking for me to worry about everything I put in the washer may get stuck. It happened again, with a shirt, then again. Then the hose busrt. Someone had to come out and fix the hose.

Now, the washer is not working because water is coming out of area where I put the detergent each time I try to wash. I will never buy a whirlpool product again. I contacted whirlpool a couple of months ago. They defended their product. My warrenty expired 9-2008. Whirlpool agreed to send someone out to fix the hose only because I told them I would be going to the better business bureau in which I still am. That was 1 month ago. Now the washer is not working again because water is coming out the area where the detergent go. I was sold a lemon. I am very upset. Besides the BBB is there anything I can do to get a new Washer?????

Shelly
Florissant, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Whirlpool-Corporation-Defective-Whirlpool-Front-Loader-Washer-Benton-Harbor-Michigan-427314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool