Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: Kara — hagerstown Maryland U.S.A.
Whirlpool
2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America

Whirlpool Maytag The quality of their products has declined. Benton Harbor, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: If all the problem is a chipped Grate, I have to go with Maytag, it's cosmetic(And don't slam the cookpots down).

Last year when replacing the stove in my kitchen, I decided on a Maytag Gemini double oven gas range, which set me back around $2000.  I chose Maytag because I thought they stood behind their products. Today, I noticed that one of the burner grate tips, specifically a grate tip which covers the "power boost" burner, is chipped.  I called into customer service and was passed along to a supervisor named Dana (id #3561).  Dana informed me that she is the final person I would be dealing with at Whirlpool and went on to listen to my complaint.  After listening, Dana #3561, informed me that the chipping on my (again, approximately $2000) stove is cosmetic and not covered under warranty, nor is the chipping due to a defect or poor workmanship.  She further informed me that if I were to use pots and pans to cook with on my stove, that they would cause damage to my stove.

Besides being told that I do not know what the correct cooking vessels are (I must point out that Dana #3561 was unable to advise what are the correct cooking vessels to use, as recommended by Whirlpool/Maytag), I am faced with having to have a nearly $2000 stove with a chipped burner grate tip or spend nearly $100 to replace the burner grates only to have the replacement grates sold to me with out a warranty. [continued below]....
.....  There is also a question of safety which arises now that this tip is chipped. I questioned Dana #3561 about this and she was unable and unwilling to help determine whether or not I can safely cook using this burner grate.

When did Whirlpool forget about its customers? We are the ones who buy your products. We also tell EVERYONE about our experiences with your company and its products.  I am not asking for a lot.  I ask that you stand behind the workmanship and quality of your products.  This burner grate tip should not have chipped in such a short time.  If it were due to my negligence, there would be evidence of this all over the grates. There is no other chipping or cracking to the grates, just this one tip. I feel that Whirlpool should replace the grates at the companys expense, not mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Whirlpool-Maytag-The-quality-of-their-products-has-declined-Benton-Harbor-Michigan-756416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

That should stop this.
Mine has never chipped in 20 years.

entry