Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Patty — Valparaiso Indiana United States of America
Whirlpool
553 Benson Road Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America

Whirlpool has ramshackled & mislead me with a washer that leaks because of a cheaply made product. Benton Harbor, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Whirlpool Washer

I had my GE washer for 15 years - and NEVER had to have it repaired. It finally had to be repaired - but because the cost of the repair (with the age of the machine) it made more sense to purchase a new washer. I am a single mom with 3 kids who are extremely active in just about every sport - so I really needed something durable. My washer repairman highly recommended the Whirlpool Duet Tumblefresh.

I purchased the 4 cu ft Duet Tumblefresh January, 2011. It was great for 8 months. I called for service on November 25, 2011 -because it stopped working and was leaking. It was still under warranty. The guy came out - but said - oh this is still under warranty and I am not the warranty repairman - then he said I had to call them back and have them run it through the warranty repair. I called back to complain and reschedule - and was told that I am now out of warranty so I would have to pay for the repair. I explained the situation and was told - oh well.

I had my repairman out - and spent $170 to have the problem fixed - - but it was still leaking. He came back and figured out it was the rubber gasket on the inside. It cost $300 to replace. Since then - I have had him back 3 more times - for the same problem. This is ridiculous!!! The repairman tried to put an industrial rubber sealer on the warn/split area - but that only lasts about 2 months - then we have to start all over. He even left the tube of industrial rubber sealant because he felt bad that I had to keep bringing him out for the same thing - and just couldn't afford a repair each
time.

I finally had enough! I contacted Whirlpool today - via chat and was told by Sunny C. - "I am unable to assist with this issues you have had." I replied with "who can i contact to complain about this - - - honestly?" The only reply I received was "Due to no response our chat session will be terminated. It has been my pleasure to assist you today. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you for choosing Whirlpool, we appreciate your business. Have a great day!" I then contacted via phone the customer service department.  After no assistance with the rep - I had them transfer me to a supervisor.  The supervisor told me that after the one year warranty ends, they no longer stand behind their products.

When you drop $1,000 to purchase a washer - it should last more than 8 months. I have no idea what to do now. I don't have another $1,000 to purchase another washer and have been stuck going to the laundry mat - which has been $40 a week!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Whirlpool-has-ramshackled-mislead-me-with-a-washer-that-leaks-because-of-a-cheaply-made-1026891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool

Whirlpool Washer

AUTHOR: Whirlpool Cares - (USA)

Hello Patty. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We truly apologize for the frustrating experience you have endured regarding your washer. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number s of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (RipOffReports) along with your user name (Patty) and ticket number (36959).  We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.