Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Reported By: AK man — Wasilla Alaska
Whirlpool

Whirlpool Do NOT buy Whirlpool Duet Washing machines Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Whirlpool Washer

Don't buy Whirlpool Duet Washing machines!

We purchased matching washer/dryer  Whirlpool Duet front loading machines in 2009 when we moved into our custom built home. Within 6 months the washer started acting up by not wanting to start a wash cycle,it would start,then stop,start,stop. Also when it was in the spin cycle it shook and moved across the floor. (I had leveled the machine twice) The tech comes out and replaces the circuit board and said Whirlpool was aware of faulty soldering joints on the board.  As far as the washer dancing on the floor,the tech said front load washers vibrate and dance if they are not sitting on concretee floors and we will have to live with it since its not sitting on concrete. 7 months later the washer was back to the start stop thing again,we were out of warranty.  I called Whirlpool and asked for some help and was flatly told no! Out of warrant is out of warranty. I  found a board on ebay for $120 and installed it,and no problems for 4 months and once again..........the same.  And since the washer dances and shakes,I think the bearing on the washer tub has gone out also.  It seems the ebay circuit board may have been old stock and was not any better then what came with the washer when it was new.  After spending a couple hrs on the net,its seems Whirlpool Duet washer isn't worth a damn and has many a unhappy customers.  I'm having the same issues as most folks out there.  My last Whirlpool washer lasted 13 yrs without any service calls and cost 1/3 of what we paid for this one.  I'm not dumping more money in this one and will purchase another washer,not sure what brand.  Seems like most are having costly issues.  Buyer Beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/internet/Whirlpool-Do-NOT-buy-Whirlpool-Duet-Washing-machines-Internet-1044652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool

Whirlpool Washer

AUTHOR: Whirlpool Cares - ()

Hello AK.  My name is Amber and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We truly apologize for the frustrating experience you have endured regarding your washer. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance.  Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (RipoffReport) along with your user name and your ticket number (41336).  We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.