Complaint Review: Whirlpool

whirlpoolwaterheatersupport.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 1-877-817-6750
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Whirlpool Do not buy Whirlpool water heaters! It will be a waste of money. Philadelphia Pennsylvania Nationwide

I installed a gas water heater: Whirlpool Model# BFG1F4040S3NOV, Product # 0733136, on 10-27-07, from Lowes.

In April 2008 I had to call for warranty service, because the polit light would not stay lit and we didn't have hot water. I was sent 1-card-tcouple univ kit 24" and 1-tsat-r110 nat 1.5 3210597 awh. I was informed that I was responsible for paying for installation or install it myself. I installed these two items myself.

On 1/6/09, the pilot light was off again and I had to restart it so we could have hot water. Later that day the pilot light was off. I called Whirlpool customer service, 1-877-817-6750 twice, and the recording told me all agents were busy and call back later. I called a third time and was on hold for 47 minutes. I talked to an agent and she told me where to find a reset switch and I should push that before lighting the polit. She said that if that doesn't work to call her back.

Why, to be on hold for 47 more minutes? And then tehy will send me more parts, so I can install them and in 8 months or so do it all over again.

The next morning the polit was off and I wasn't able to light it, even after trying to light it for a half an hour. I went and purchased a Bradford White water haeter from a plumbing supply company and replaced it today.

I send comments to Whirlpool updating them as this was going on. They haven't responded as of yet. I let them know that I will not purchase any of their products in the future.

Talking to people in the field, plumbers and plumbing supply workers, they said that this happens all the time with the Whirlpool water heaters. I sent a comment to Lowes, just letting them know of the faulty products they are selling.

Keith
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/nationwide/Whirlpool-Do-not-buy-Whirlpool-water-heaters-It-will-be-a-waste-of-money-Philadelphia-Pe-409337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool