Complaint Review: Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana

• Updated: Wed, February 02, 2011

• Reported By: mexicanpiloto — Carefree Arizona United States of America
Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana
Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America

Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana Marc Bitzer Pres. of Whirlpool Won't fix my Amana upright freezer, after installation of their recall part Benton Harbor, Michigan

I have spent 3 days trying to get Whirlpool to fix my upright freezer after they installed a faulty recall part.

They say I have waited too long to complain, that the part is only warranted for 90 days and labor for 30 days. There is an limited 10 year warranty which includes tubing and drains.

I purchased my freezer and it worked fine until I received a recall notice for a part to be replaced. I responded and they sent someone to install the recall part.

Now my freezer will not drain off the defrost water and it acumulates in the bottom of the freezer in a frozen sheet of ice. This causes pressure on the bottom seal of the door and the freezer cannot maintain its set temperature.

Things start to defrost and I have to chip out a sheet of ice on the inside bottom of the freezer to allow it to maintain temperature.

I say since they "broke" my freezer they should pay the $120.00 to fix it, regardless of the time frame. It worked fine until they "fixed" it.

They refuse, saying I have waited too long. This from the President of the company! Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana do not stand behind their products!

Customer Service will not help you. Know this before you buy any one of their products

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WhirlpoolMaytagAmana/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-/WhirlpoolMaytagAmana-Marc-Bitzer-Pres-of-Whirlpool-Wont-fix-my-Amana-upright-freezer-689977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana