Complaint Review: Whirpool

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Goose Creek South Carolina
Whirpool
whirlpoolcorp.com/ Benton Harbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Whirlpool Corporation Will not replace defective appliances Benton Harbor Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Whirlpool = Maytag = Kenmore

*Consumer Comment: whirlpool/maytag/kenmore

Whirlpool Duet Sport Dryer WED8300SW0 Cost $749.99
Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer WFW8400TW00 Cost $699.99

Purchased at the Naval Exchange on 07/08/08 today is 02/10/09

In the 7 mos since purchase.....

The fuses in the dryer that are placed as safeguards to overheating have blown 6 times. As of now, once again, I do not have a working dryer. When the warranty service people come out, they replace the fuses, the dryer works for a week or two. The last time it lasted for more than two weeks. I almost thought that they had fixed it this time.

The washer leaks. The service people replaced the ring inside the door. It still leaks.

The people at the warranty number continue to schedule repairs for me. My machines continue to have problems. I am told that the warranty only applies to parts and labor.

I have asked to have the machines replaced. I believe they are defective. The manager at the Whirlpool "Customer Experience" line tells me that we must have them serviced again before we can discuss replacement.

The company serviced to repair them called me today to tell me that they are not able to service my machines. I live on a military base and they don't have time to go through the security check.

I have called again to inform the Manager at Customer service of the situation. I have received no reply.

When the weather is dry, I use a clothesline to dry my clothes and and a towel to mop up the water on the floor under the washer. On rainy days, I hang the clothes on hangers on the rod that my husband has installed in my laundry area. I expected a quality product when I purchased Whirlpool. Next time I will get a Maytag or Kenmore after doing the research to be sure that neither is affiliated in any way with Whirlpool Corporation. I am angry and disappointed.

Stephanie
Goose Creek, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirpool/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022-2632/Whirlpool-Corporation-Will-not-replace-defective-appliances-Benton-Harbor-Michigan-422534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirpool

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Whirlpool = Maytag = Kenmore

AUTHOR: Paul - (Canada)

Going to your alternate "manufacturers" won't help unless you check them out first. Whirlpool is a gigantic conglomerate ($18.9 Billion 2008) that owns many other brands. A quick search on Wikipedia showed that Whirlpool owns:
* Maytag
* Bauknecht
* Brastemp
* Consul
* Gladiator GarageWorks
and makes machines for private labels (including Kenmore according to Wikipedia)
I got ripped when I bought a so-called "Maytag" dehumidifier and then when warranty issues surfaced Whirlpool / Maytag informed me that the name had been licensed to Fedders, Fedders was bankrupt and I was out of luck.
It wasn't worth the battle for an appliance that costs less than two hundred dollars..
I did my research and bought a new dehumidifier (Danby, doesn't seem to be a Whirlpool company).
When it came time to replace my washer & dryer I went Bosch.
My Maytag dishwasher's warranty expired and I told Whirlpool why I wouldn't renew.
I'm now looking at buying a cuisinart stand mixer.

whirlpool/maytag/kenmore

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

maytag and kenmore is made by whirlpool. frigidaire, ge, and speedqueen are the only three not in with whirlpool. stay away from the ge also. speedqueen is the best by far but they are high, but they do have a 3 year parts and labor warranty. the frigidare is good for the money you pay.
brokemaytagman