Complaint Review: Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags

• Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: kathym — WEST COVINA California United States of America
Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags
Internet, California United States of America

Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags Adopt-a-Pet.com affiliate Pet Adoption Scam by Foster Parents Internet, California

*Author of original report: Update to Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags

*Author of original report: Update to Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags Scam

I submitted my profile on Adopt-a-Pet.com's web site. I wanted a dog named Leala. After being accepted, an appointment was scheduled to meet the yellow Lab at my home. The agency representing Leala was Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags. The foster mom for Leala, Maggie, was difficult to contact. On the day of the meet and adoption, she failed to call me. I was called by Megan Nunez with another dog. She said  Maggie decided to adopt Leala at the last minute. I agreed to meet "Hugo", a Lab puppy, house trained, shots but not yet neutered. We fell in love with him and paid the $350.  Megan said she had a stamp so I didn't need to fill in the whole name of their org. We were told Megan would contact me with the date and location for our puppy's neutering near our home. I was so excited about the puppy and he was very active, so we hurried to get the "paperwork" done. What I got from her was a blank contract stating I must return the dog to them if we changed our minds at any time in the future. I know I was a fool to sign, but using a web site like Adopt-a-Pet.com seemed  reliable. After any follow-up from her failing to occur, I called Megan. Her phone said to call back later. So I emailed requesting info for my vet and date of neutering and location. I got no response. Today, I called the number for Whiskerswiggleswags.org and it is disconnected! So I looked at the check on line and saw her "stamp" was Megan Nunez' signature on my check, cashed immediately after she left my house, which she did in such a hurry, I should have known then that something was wrong. I believe Megan Nunez and possibly her pal Maggie are really pulling off a scam at the expense of the public and the sweet animals they are peddling. I don't want any other unsuspecting person to have their heart broken by these two. I hope Adopt-a-Pet.com looks into Megan's false statements and finds better foster parents who are not just in it to make money. We feel ripped off! We have to repeat all shots and pay for neutering ourselves. We are seniors living on social security and sacrificed a lot to bring this little one into our home. Was there any truth to anything we were told, other than the price? Don't use their service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whiskers-Wiggles-and-Wags/Internet-California-/Whiskers-Wiggles-and-Wags-Adopt-a-Petcom-affiliate-Pet-Adoption-Scam-by-Foster-Parents-I-918176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags

Update to Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags

AUTHOR: kathym - (United States of America)

I have received the documentation requested from a third party of their org. on 7/28 and 7/29. Due to my filing of this report, my adoption may be rescinded. I will update this site if and when the issue has been resolved.

Update to Whiskers, Wiggles and Wags Scam

AUTHOR: kathym - (United States of America)

After numerous calls, I sent another email in a last effort to communicate with this pet adoption org. I received a call from another volunteer upset that I called them a scam organization. She offered to send me via email the paperwork I needed for proof of vaccinations of my adopted puppy. I was also told I would receive another emailed copy of the contract since the one I had didn't show any info as to cost, etc. that I would need for tax purposes as well. Today I got some of the info needed for my vet as to shots and dates. I have yet to receive a copy of the contract and neutering info. I am hoping since I requested that again, that I will have that soon. I did state to the third party that if it wasn't a scam, they sure did a lot of shady things to put me on alert. I will update this when I actually get all of the info needed.