Complaint Review: White Equine - IE Chris White

• Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: HorseLover4 — New York USA
White Equine - IE Chris White
Gowanda, New York United States of America

White Equine - IE Chris White, Whites Equines, Melissa Regan ** BE CAREFULL OF HORSE SCAMS** Gowanda, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: While this report was settled long ago, to set the record straight...

*Author of original report: Issue resolved via emails with Melissa

*UPDATE Employee: Some facts here please, logic will prevail

Chris and Melissa posed as a sweet, horse-loving family, looking for nice horses for their children to ride and train.

No purchase agreement was signed or bill of sale issued, assumed terms were for a free lease of my horse.

Find out later that they are in fact dealers, buying/picking up horses all over the area and reselling as fast as possible for a quick profit.

No replies to phone calls, emails, or inquires as to how my horse was doing. Assumed they were busy.

Found out that after a year of no response, they had resold my horse- which they did not even own! I still have her original papers!

Unable to track down horse, unwilling to cooperate with me.

** LOOKING FOR MY HORSE: "Isadora Duncan"- IZZY for short

Quarter Horse, TB, Friesian cross- pure chestnut, born spring 2007, 2 1/2 yrs old now, appx height now- 16 +/- hands

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/White-Equine-IE-Chris-White/Gowanda-New-York-/White-Equine-IE-Chris-White-Whites-Equines-Melissa-Regan-BE-CAREFULL-OF-HORSE-SCAMS-511647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on White Equine - IE Chris White

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

While this report was settled long ago, to set the record straight...

AUTHOR: Some Truth Please - (USA)

I think it's important to note that I'm no longer associated with any of the "deals" this horse dealer/broker makes.  I will no longer be held accountable for any of his angry customers, and will share in no more blame for his actions or sales.

Issue resolved via emails with Melissa

AUTHOR: HorseLover4 - (USA)

This matter has been resolved after several emails back and forth to Melissa to clarify the issue.

This couple contacted me quickly after realizing I was upset and was very cooperative. They convinced me that they are not in fact, horse dealers, but do on occassion resell horses as they find new, suitable homes for them.

As the seller, I should have issued a formal bill of sale to transfer ownership to the couple which would have alleviated all issues regarding their right to resell this animal. This lesson has been learned for the future.

Though I am still quite sad to lose such a nice horse, there was not any wrong doing on their end.  Please disregard the previous report. This matter has been resolved professionally and should not taint their reputation for future business transactions.

Some facts here please, logic will prevail

AUTHOR: Some Truth Please - (USA)

People who work as equine professionals are frequently contacted to pick up unwanted horses whose owners cannot afford their board.  This was the case with Jane Doe, she was unable to afford to pay the board on her yearling.  She had this horse advertised for SALE for some time but couldn't find a buyer for her.  She located us through our "for sale" ads and contacted us to pick up her horse, who she could not afford to feed and care for.

Her horse was an untrained yearling.  When we picked the horse up she said "if you still have her and I can have a horse again maybe I can buy her back from you".  Sound like she was under any impression it was a free lease?  By her recent words she "assumed" it was a free lease?  After advertising the horse for sale?  Not to mention tracking us down, and placing repeated calls to us needing the horse picked up ASAP. A recent email from her(which I did in fact reply to, as I have all the others), states that she thought we were going to be training the horse for her.  Really?  A years worth of free training would be a large gift to give to a stranger who needed help getting out of a jam.

The horse is well and loved.  We were extremely conscientious about her as we are with every horse who comes into our keeping.  Any more than that is only Ms. Doe's business if I choose to make it such, an issue I was in fact considering, which I told her in an email just yesterday.  This ridiculous report shows her lack of sincerity regarding the horse.  I was not "refusing to cooperate" with her, I in fact am under no obligation to do a thing for Ms. Doe, but was considering the best action to take regarding her apparent confusion about the ownership of the horse.  Plans were discussed about how to put her mind at rest if possible without disturbing the horses happy future unnecessarily.  However, such rational thought cannot apply to irrational people, and that she has proven absolutely to be.