Complaint Review: White Star Movers

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Teri — Sarasota Florida United States of America
White Star Movers
35956 Mound Rd Sterling Heights, Michigan United States of America

White Star Movers Kerry Lock, the owner does not care about customer loss! Sterling Heights, Michigan

After interviewing many movers, I choose White Star Movers who contract for Mayflower.  I had 4 boxes unaccounted for during the inventory check list.  The movers found 4 boxes that did not have labels.  They convienced me that these were the missing boxes, so I OK'd the inventory check list.  After unpacking, I have many items missing, so it is evident that these were not the missing boxes.

Kerry Lock, one of the owners of White Star has accused me of lying and will not take any part in helping me with the financial loss I have incurred in these lost boxes.  I calculate that it comes to over $1400.00 total to replace the missing items including a $350.00 glass Tiffany Lamp.

I am now trying to recover the loss with Mayflower Movers. Here is my advice: Write your complete name on your boxes, do your own inventory and watch the movers very carefully when packing and unpacking.

I am also disputing some of the charge with my credit card company.  Shame on White Star Movers and Kerry Lock.  They do not have a clue how to treat a customer who paid them almost $3000.00 for a move. A little customer service goes a long way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/White-Star-Movers/Sterling-Heights-Michigan-48310/White-Star-Movers-Kerry-Lock-the-owner-does-not-care-about-customer-loss-Sterling-Heigh-907103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on White Star Movers