Complaint Review: Whole Foods Market

• Updated: Tue, November 01, 2011

• Reported By: Colman — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Whole Foods Market
1101 S. Canal St. Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Whole Foods Market South Loop store character assassination of long term customer Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Simple.

*Consumer Comment: Arrest?

I am a long term customer who has just awakened from the manipulation and propaganda that Whole foods spins.

This year, over 50% of the Items that I purchased from Whole Foods were bad: moldy, stale, rotten, undercooked over cooked, and tasteless.

When they first opened up, 98% of their produce, baked goods, and prepared foods were wonderful. Alas, in recent times, the quality has decreased considerably.

I made the mistake of returning much of the spoiled, moldy, expired, and bug infested items to Customer Service. I foolishly believed Whole Foods Market Propaganda. I could not really imagine what I was up against.

Like Wal-Mart, Whole Foods will cut off an individual customers ability to address grievances after what they consider numerous returns or complaints even with receipts.

The deception of Whole foods staff being positive, kind hearted, and concerned with 100% customer satisfaction is revealed when you confront them with the ugly truth.

Even with the proof in front of them, they aggressively defend the illusion that their products are perfect at the time of purchase.

I was told that I was the only one complaining or returning their products, even when the customer service counter is busy.

More often than I care to admit, Whole Foods Customer Service Staff have often manipulated me into believing that some of the spoiled produce that I purchased did not come from Whole Foods Market. I was effectively influenced, even though I knew that I had recently purchased these items from Whole foods Market.

Even with a receipt, I was told that they have been watching me and there was no way I purchased bad items from their store.

Whole Foods management and team leaders have also shown me their loathsome natures filled with contempt which is defended with character assassination and manipulation. Their true colors are shown when you dont buy into their sticky sweet illusions.

I was maliciously charged with abusing their return policy and cruelly characterized as a serial returner. Several team leaders have falsely accused me of "tampering" with their products. Now I can never return any of their products, even with a receipt and I am banned from shopping at Whole Foods on threat of arrest.

Since Whole Foods Market has destroyed all of the competition. Now there are some Items that I can only get at Whole Foods Market. So, my access has been cut off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whole-Foods-Market/Chicago-Illinois-60612/Whole-Foods-Market-South-Loop-store-character-assassination-of-long-term-customer-Chicago-794158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whole Foods Market

Simple.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Whole Foods has determined that you are not worth the effort to do business with.   In other words, your behavior costs them more to deal with than they are likely to make in profit from your purchases.   You have become a nuisance.    Note that at first they merely restricted you from returning items.   No doubt you made enough a nuisance of yourself to be effectively banned from the property altogether.

If your experience with their merchandise were common, how do you explain all of the other people who keep shopping there and do not constantly return items?    If your experience was typical, I have a hard time imagining why any customers would keep coming back.  Do you expect us to believe that other customers are perfectly content buying rotten, bug infested products?

Like most corporations, Whole Foods does not generally turn away paying customers.   In your case, they have decided they are better off without you.    It is entirely within their right to choose not to do business with you.   Frankly, anyone reading your complaints would have to wonder why you would even want to go back there.

Arrest?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

For you to have been threatened with arrest if you return I am sure there is a lot more story.

But you do sound like a "serial returner" and based on what you wrote I doubt that Whole Foods is the first store to accuse you of this.

I made the mistake of returning much of the spoiled, moldy, expired, and bug infested items to Customer Service......All of the returned items were packaged so that a careful examination could not be done at the store during the purchase.

- So here is a question.  How come you didn't look at the expiration date BEFORE you bought it?

- Have they destroyed the competition or have you been banned from the competition?

What you should have done to prove your case is buy the items, then immediately take them to the Customer Service and open them up so that they can see how bad the items are.  After all with a 50% defect rate it wouldn't take long for you to prove that you were right.  That is if you are telling the 100% truth.

But if I was to take a guess, I would bet that you open the package use maybe 1-2 servings before you decide it is "unacceptable".  You then return the partially used package for a full refund.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC