Complaint Review: Wholesale Chairs

• Updated: Mon, September 23, 2013

• Reported By: Church of the Palms — Delray Beach Florida
Wholesale Chairs
3100 W Venice Blvd Los Angeles, California USA

Wholesale Chairs Larry Hoffman This guy is so low he rips off a church! Los Angeles California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CHURCH HAS RECEIVED ALL CHAIRS ORDERED

*Author of original report: his responce is a lie AGAIN!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CASHIERS CHECK SENT FEDEX REFUND

We are a small church in bad need of new chairs for our Friendship Center.  After researching several companies we settled on this guy.  I called a couple of his references and he seemed to check out okay.  We paid him $3750 in full on April 11, 2013 for 150 qty chairs that were supposed to arrive within 2 weeks.

After 4 weeks, we recieved 50 chairs.  After another 6 weeks I received another 50 chairs.  I never received the balance and when I asked for my money back, he offered to send me a check for the 50 chairs and that we can repurchase them when they come in.  It took several more weeks and then I received a check for $1670 that bounced.

This guy has come up with every excuse in the book and to this day he has not made the check good nor have I received the remaining 50 chairs.  It was at this time I found the 26+ complaints about how Larry Hoffman goes under the name of several different companies and steals money from people, even a little church in Delray Beach Florida and a single mom of three that is being held responsible!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wholesale-Chairs/Los-Angeles-California-90019/Wholesale-Chairs-Larry-Hoffman-This-guy-is-so-low-he-rips-off-a-church-Los-Angeles-Calif-1086623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wholesale Chairs

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CHURCH HAS RECEIVED ALL CHAIRS ORDERED

AUTHOR: Ctd - ()

CHURCH HAS RECEIVED ALL THE CHAIRS ORDERED.

his responce is a lie AGAIN!

AUTHOR: Church of the Palms - ()

He sent a refund all right but it bounced and we never got the frames to replace the damaged ones we did get.  Try again Larry Hoffman but with the truth this time.  Where is our money?  Where are our chairs?  We are not letting this go.  There is a suit against you, a filing with the State of Florida and a filing with the national consumer alert.  STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CASHIERS CHECK SENT FEDEX REFUND

AUTHOR: Ctd - ()

CUSTOMER RECEIVED 45 CHURCH CHAIRS BUT WE COULD NOT OBTAIN THE BALANCE. WE SENT THE REFUND

AND 12 EXTRA FRAMES FOR THE DAMAGED CHAIRS.