Complaint Review: Wholesale Escapes Charleston SC

• Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By: Bob — New Bern North Carolina USA
Wholesale Escapes Charleston SC
83S Market Street Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Wholesale Escapes Charleston SC BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charleston, South Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact City of Charleston Paper

On June 30, 2011my new wife, we were on our honeymoon, went up to the outside station of this business and wanted to get directions. She was "sold on" listening to their sales presentation so we returned for our appointment. We were treated nicely by our salesperson, Carney Hammon, and their sales director, Sam Everette. We were told specifically that there were no savings on domestic air flight but there would be significant savings on international travel. Well this is just not true as I was soon to find out. This discovery sent up a red flag and I searched this company on the internet. I found that they were not blessed by the BBB as their literature showed. They had an F rating and had not been a member for months. Smells like FRAUD to me.

This started a long number of frustrating phone calls dealing with Mr. Averette. I was even told by him that he was late getting back to me because he was on the phone that day to the BBB trying to work out things the business would be re-instated. Well a call to the BBB proved that wrong.

Finally after talking with a co-owner I was told on July 20 that I would receive a full refund and that the company wanted happy clients. The check was supposed to come the fist of August. After several e-mails to Mr. Sam Everette he finally answered me to say there would be no refund.

h well, so much for honesty and integrity. I plan to pursue this on my own or would love to have others join in the fight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wholesale-Escapes-Charleston-SC/Charleston-South-Carolina-29401/Wholesale-Escapes-Charleston-SC-BEWARE-Charleston-South-762443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wholesale Escapes Charleston SC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact City of Charleston Paper

AUTHOR: Ann P - ()

Your assessment of the Wholesale Escapes scam is accurate.  My husband and I were scammed in June of 2012.  After writing many letters and sending supporting documentation to the legal dept of the City of Charleston, we did receive a refund.  Currently, the City of Charleston Paper is researching the complaints against this fraudulent group.  So contact the paper and share your experience.