Complaint Review: Wholesale Escapes

• Reported By: frauded customer — Pensacola Florida United States of America
Wholesale Escapes
85 S. Market Street Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Wholesale Escapes Theft by Fraudulent Means Charleston, South Carolina

*Author of original report: Resolution reached

*Author of original report: reply

*UPDATE Employee: Business Advisor

On July 20, 2011, we were on vacation in Charleston. We were stopped by a young lady and ask if we wanted free tickets to several sites in Charleston. We agreed to sit through a presentation and after being offered financing on a loan for 2.9% fixed APR, with payments at 50 to 65 dollars a month for the life of the loan, we signed the contract.

Five days later we discovered we had signed for a credit card that would revert to 19.99% in six months. We immediately tried to contact the company and were put off until we contacted the mayor's office. We then received several calls from the "office manager" who after several conversations ask us not to call or contact anyone else until the owner could talk to us. It was a week later before the "owner" contacted us. I explained my concerns and  he basically told me I had signed the contract and if I complained to anyone or tried to get out of it I would have egg on my face. I explained I wanted no more involvement with him or his company due to the fraudulent means in which they enticed us into signing the contract.

We have been in constant communication with the City Attorney. Nothing has been resolved. We contacted the State Attorney and South Carolina Consumer Affairs. Whole Escapes produced several documents concerning the credit card, which were never shown to us during the original visit, but were sent to all of the individuals we complained to.  To date, after several request for copies of those documents, which were computer generated, we have received nothing. Had the fraudulent information of 19.99%, been exposed at the original meeting the contract would have never been signed. We could have written a check or charged it to a low interest credit card. But after almost three hours of pressured sale, they made an offer we could not refuse. I read a post that was made earlier in 2012 and it sounds like the pressure caused by upset individuals may have made the company change the way they do business. The fact is, individuals still exist that have been taken advantage of and are still, after months, pursuing justice. Buyers beware of this company. Bank America advised us to get an attorney because of several things I cannot discuss. We want this whole mess to be over. I do not know anything about the program except they used deceptive means to get us to sign a contract. I do know, I do not want any dealings with a company that uses dishonest, deceptive tactics to get clients.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wholesale-Escapes/Charleston-South-Carolina-29401/Wholesale-Escapes-Theft-by-Fraudulent-Means-Charleston-South-Carolina-856891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wholesale Escapes

Resolution reached

AUTHOR: frauded customer - (USA)

As of July, 2012 the complaint from the individual in Pensacola,Florida against Wholesale Escapes has been resolved. Thank-you Randy for doing exactly what you said you would do.

AUTHOR: frauded customer - (USA)

A reply was sent to Randy on June 11, 2012. It is June 18th and we have received no response to our reply.

Business Advisor

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

Dear Sir or Madam,

My company has been retained by Wholesale Escapes to assist in the resolution of consumer complaints.  On behalf of the company, I apologize for the lack of communication.  I am very concerned about any representative of the company who would use a phrase such as egg on your face.  That is entirely inappropriate.  Please contact me with as much specific information as you have including the name of the person who represented you were being provide a loan.  It should have been made clear you were filling out an application for a bank credit card that featured an introductory offer of a low interest rate.  I would also like the name of the person who represented themselves as the owner and used the egg reference.

You also reference that you do not know anything about the program you purchased.  It would also be inappropriate if you were induced to sign a contract without participating in the program presentation.  Prior to executing your contract you should have been given 2 pages of highlighted questions to initial stating that you completely understood the terms and conditions of your purchase.  If you were not provided and did not execute this document, you are entitled to a full refund.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I will utilize my best effort to resolve this issue for you.

randy@wholesaleescapes.org