Complaint Review: Wholesale Industrial Tape

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Tina — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
Wholesale Industrial Tape
7405 Woodley Avenue Van Nuys, California United States of America

Wholesale Industrial Tape They did not ship product that was promised. Specifically 3M 2" Heavy Duty tape. Van Nuys, California

On 10/22/2012 I recived a call from WIT offering to ship packing tape to my company for $1.09 per roll.  When I asked specifically if it was a 3M Heavy Duty Packaging tape I was told yes.  When I asked what the shipping costs were. I was told, "no shipping and handling charges would be charged."  When I asked for the specific number of the 3M Heavy Duty Tape I was given a part number for 3M that does not exist.  When I asked what the catch was. I was told that WIT was offering this special to increase customers for reorders at a later date.

On 10/29/2012 I received an off-brand tape that is in no way heavy duty or even medium duty tape.  It is a clear PVC Tape listed as #510.  I have not received the invoice, however, the tape is being shipped back immediately.

The packing list shows salesman #8519.  The packing list also shows in small lettering at the bottom that no returns are accepted with the companies written permission.  That all claims must be made within 10 days of receipt of merchandise, otherwise they will charge a 25% restocking fee.

Recommendation:  Unless you need to be ripped-off by less than truthful sales representative, just go to your local Uline, U-Haul or other wholesale stores for packaging tape.  If it is truely 3M the inside of the rolls will clearly be marked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wholesale-Industrial-Tape/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Wholesale-Industrial-Tape-They-did-not-ship-product-that-was-promised-Specifically-3M-2-961680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wholesale Industrial Tape