Complaint Review: WholesaleGateOpener

• Submitted: Fri, February 08, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: MissMalialea — Conifer Colorado United States of America
WholesaleGateOpener

WholesaleGateOpener Defective gate opener! Company would not pay for return postage and then refuses to refund $, Internet

Do NOT buy a gate opener from this company -- they sold us a defective gate opener and then wouldn't pay return postage in order to get a refund.

Our story:

We bought a $400+ gate opener from this RIPOFF in November 2012. We installed it and it couldn't handle the gate load (although this was supposedly a bigger motor than the gate called for). We contacted the company who sent us a return authorization memo. Yeah!

BUT... they wanted us to pay the return postage, which I didn't feel was fair (afterall, this was a DEFECTIVE product!). So, we emailed the company no less than three times -- only to be ignored. So, we denied payment to our credit card... but, according to my credit card, unless I was to return the gate opener first, I couldn't get a refund. Long story short, I returned the gate opener on the last day that the Return Authorization allowed (January 31) -- to the tune of $41 out of my pocket -- only to get an email from the company today: "We are sorry, but we are not able to do a refund, because you pass [sic] the return period that is 30 days from the date of  purchase according to our policy. But you still under warranty and we can replace the unit for you. Please let us know."

Hmmmm... the Return Authorization shipping form said to return it by January 31 (which was at least 60 days since our purchase)... but now they're saying "No refund" if not returned within 30 days of purchase. So, I pleaded my case again just now -- to no avail. This time they wrote back within minutes -- They will fix the gate opener and send it back to me (even though I don't want it) or else I can eat the $$. My question: What if it's defective again? I'm out another $40 sending it back to them??

Do yourself a favor -- DO NOT BUY from wholesalegateopener<dot>com unless you like being ignored, ripped off and frustrated!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WholesaleGateOpener/internet/WholesaleGateOpener-Defective-gate-opener-Company-would-not-pay-for-return-postage-and-t-1010864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WholesaleGateOpener