Complaint Review: Who's Who Publishers

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: ETG — Denver Colorado
Who's Who Publishers
Internet, New York USA

Who's Who Publishers Who's Who PublishingWorld Wide Branding Promised publication of my name in elite directory and only at the end said it cost money; charged credit card more than they said; tried to cancel immediately; kept lowering price when I said "no"--badgering, playing on vanity New York New York

This company congratulates you on having been "chosen" to be included in their "elite" Who's Who directory.  They conduct an interview and if you "pass", you are welcomed as a new member.  It is only then that you learn you must pay.  I originally said no to the different levels of platinum and gold but I was badgered and the prices went down and levels went up and airline tickets were added.  I was also told I would only be charged 2/3 now and 1/3 later.

After thinking about it, and realizing the pushy woman wouldn't even let me talk to my husband, it all felt fishy and I googled the company.  The company now named World Wide Branding used to be called World Wide Who's Who and has the same NY phone number.  A Ripoff Report already existed for them.

I tried to cancel within 5 hours but no one would answer and no one has returned my call.  Needless to say, the charge already hit my credit card and it was for the whole amount, not the 2/3, 1/3,  and they have my personal information.

This company gets you by appealing to your vanity.  Don't fall for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whos-Who-Publishers/Internet-New-York/Whos-Who-Publishers-Whos-Who-PublishingWorld-Wide-Branding-Promised-publication-of-my-n-1066622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Who's Who Publishers