Complaint Review: Why Pay More Books

• Submitted: Wed, March 11, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By:findlay Ohio
Why Pay More Books
95A Mal Drive Lindenhurst, New York U.S.A.

Why Pay More Books Shorted 2 books in order. Overcharged for shipping Lindenhurst New York

*Consumer Comment: WhyPayMoreBooks Delivers

*Consumer Comment: I disagree

*Consumer Suggestion: Patience Always Helps

*Author of original report: This is being resolved. Thank you.

Recently I placed a order from Why Pay More Books on the Amazon website. Their user name is whypaymorebooks. I received my order and it only contained 8 of the 10 books I ordered and paid for. Plus I feel I was overcharged by Amazon on the shipping cost. I paid $39.99 just for the shipping for 10 books that were shipped to me by Media Mail, the cheapest service the post office has for books.

I am asking the seller for refund on the 2 missing books plus the difference in shipping between what he paid for shipping and what Amazon paid him for the shipping. According to the seller Amazon pays only half of the charged shipping cost to the seller, the rest is pure profit for Amazon. Even at half of my $39 I paid for postage they could of shipped the books by UPS or Priority Mail from New York to Ohio. I am asking for refund on the 2 missing books plus the difference in shipping. If I am sastified with any refund from the seller then I will update this report. Be cautious with buying anything on Amazon.

Borninohio
findlay, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Why-Pay-More-Books/Lindenhurst-New-York-11757/Why-Pay-More-Books-Shorted-2-books-in-order-Overcharged-for-shipping-Lindenhurst-New-York-433129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Why Pay More Books

WhyPayMoreBooks Delivers

AUTHOR: Bmg - (USA)

Larry, you are missing the point.  The original complaint was against Amazon not Whypaymorebooks, as the OP admitted.  I used whypaymorebooks myself and they were fine.  It's not acceptable to tarnish someone else's reputation for no good cause.  It is good to stand up and try to fix bad service, and I am the first to do so when it's called for.  Also I think you are in a minority when describe amazon the way you do - they are a legitimate, honest company and just because you had a bad experience with them doesn't mean they are a bad company.

I disagree

AUTHOR: Larry A. Singleton - (USA)

I think he did the right thing. Most people would have procrastinated or just forgot about it after they'd calmed down. I needed to hear his message. I just got ripped off by Amazon. They are an extortion racket. See article "Amazon Squeezes Publishers For Bigger Discounts" by Amy Martinez Seattle Times. What Amazon did to these publishers was beyond criminal.

I also agree with what he says about postal fees. It is a rip off. Even that "2-day shipping" is a scam. You just don't have a "good feeling" when dealing with Amazon. You know, that little voice in your head that tells you when something Just Ain't Right.

As far as the seller. I love it when someone makes a mistake but end up "kissing and making up". I did it on You Tube when I got pissed off and shot my mouth off. I was wrong in one area but right about the issue generally. I think my "venting" was an expression of my true feelings which this Nation of Sheep just seem reluctant to do. It's one reason our Universities are becoming Indoctrination Centers for the Muslim Brotherhood and the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Nobody squawks!

Also rudeness seems to pass for normal behavior today. Check out a video put out by Pioneer and remember while you're watching this disgusting, obnoxious thing that it's a Promotional Video. "Disturb":

What you see is America too scared and intimidated to take back the quality of life in this country and a reflection of the utter contempt that our local officials have for citizens that they and the cops don't do anything about it. And I think it tells you why the Internet is almost a feeding frenzy of people trying to rip you off like it the most normal thing in the world.

So Mr. Findlay, let it all hang out and use this venue as an opportunity for some class by admitting when you're wrong and graciousness in accepting an apology. When do you ever see that anymore?

Larry A. Singleton
Riverside CA
larryasingleton@yahoo.com

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Patience Always Helps

AUTHOR: Bmg - (USA)

Mistakes happen. You posted this report because of a mistake before giving then a chance to fix the problem, saying you will post am update if they respond. That seems harsh. Next time I suggest you complain and then post a report if necessary. You've tarnished this sellers reputation because this report is the first to appear in Google. And Ripoff Report you should not allow this type of posting unless an attempt has been made to fix the problem without success. 2 books short is not automatically a ripoff. Here in America we call that a fixable error.

This is being resolved. Thank you.

AUTHOR: Borninohio - (U.S.A.)

This is being resolved. The seller is a great person to deal with. Turns out Amazon is the one overcharging people for shipping. Amazon only pays part of the shipping fee a person pays to them, the rest Amazon keeps for themselves, Amazon must make a huge profit on shipping. Anyway, this situation is being resolved between me and the seller. Thank you.