Complaint Review: Why not lease it

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: Kelly — Nashua New Hampshire
Why not lease it
Nationwide USA

Why not lease it Claimed my card was declined and charged $25 when my bank stated there was plenty if money Salem Nationwide

I had gone to sears to look at laptops. When looking into payment options I went with the " Why Not Lease It" option. I make my initial $30 payment and leave with the intentions of making bi-weekly payments. Mind you I purchased it on Monday the 27th and I expect my next payment to be 2 Mondays from then. But what they don't tell you is that they ask the day you get paid because they withdraw your first payment at 6am on the Friday(which is my payday) prior to the Monday I was actually supposed to pay. But whatever I dealt with it. What I can't deal with is when they call me to tell me that when they ran my payment it came back declined so I now owe them a 25 dollar processing fee. I tell them that's impossible because my account had more then enough money to cover the $30 dollar payment. The man then informed me that he will have a supervisor call me the following day so I can send a copy my bank statements stating that at 6 am on that day there was enough funds. Well after speaking to a supervisor then a manager I was told that regardless off how much money or proof that I have I am still responsible to pay the fee. Never in my life have I heard of this. I even called WNLI with my bank on three way where the bank even told them they have no record of a transaction even being processed nevermind declined.

Once I am done these payments I will never again do business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Why-not-lease-it/nationwide/Why-not-lease-it-Claimed-my-card-was-declined-and-charged-25-when-my-bank-stated-there-w-1126549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Why not lease it