Complaint Review: Wi-Power Internet & Phone

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: StChienne — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Wi-Power Internet & Phone
255 Pine Ave. N. Internet United States of America

Wi-Power Internet & Phone Trans World Network Corp. Not Providing the Service I Pay For, Internet

I pay Wi-Power Internet of TransWorld Network Corp. for internet service at my home in Picture Rocks AZ. The fee is $68 per month with a guarantee of a minimum connection speed of 1 MBSP download and upload. I was assured the speed provided would meet my needs. I am a writer and work at home. Visit many websites and download information and then write papers which I upload to clients' sites. Most of this accomplished by email.

I am not a gamer and do not download music. My only additional Internet use is to watch movies on Netflix. Since becoming a Wi-Power customer, I do not have a reliable connection. I cannot do email, cannot download information, cannot upload my work, and cannot watch movies on Netflix (they say my connection is too slow). Complains to TransWorld result in me spending hours on the phone with their technical support people who have me plug and unplug routers and run speedtest.net which simply shows my connection speed isn't what I am being charged for.

They end up telling me that many people are using the internet, children are on vacation, parents are home from work, etc. Now they tell me they will monitor my connection speed, but when I called for the results of that monitoring, they said it is inconclusive. I use speedtest.net many times throughout the day and keep a record of the speeds it reports; about half the time the site will not load because my connection speed is too slow.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wi-Power-Internet-Phone/internet/Wi-Power-Internet-Phone-Trans-World-Network-Corp-Not-Providing-the-Service-I-Pay-For-990275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wi-Power Internet & Phone