Complaint Review: WiMacTel

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Badwrench — Lackawanna New York United States of America
WiMacTel
PO Box6000607 Jacksonville FL 32260-0607 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

WiMacTel Rip off phone charges Jacksonville, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WiMacTel Response

Was billed  $110.80 for a 12 minute phone call from Seattle, WA.  I was unaware of the call but someone in my home answered it.  I had no idea what it was about and callled the company and was unable to get a contact.  I left a message but have no response as of yet ( One day).

This is excessive.  I would pay the bill if it were reasonable but this defies reason.  The cost comes to $9.24 per minute. This would come to $556.20 per hour.. I don't know if these charges are legal but would like to receive a response from the company before contacting the Attorney General's office in Washington State, Florida and New York.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WiMacTel/Jacksonville-Florida-32260-0607/WiMacTel-Rip-off-phone-charges-Jacksonville-Florida-1001882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WiMacTel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WiMacTel Response

AUTHOR: James MacKenzie - (Canada)

I was just made aware of this story and would like to assist. The price of the call does not seem right and I want to help. Please send me an email with the details of your charges or your contact info so I can follow up. Drop me a note at ceo@wimactel.com.

Sincerely, James MacKenzie