Complaint Review: WiMacTel

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Cinnamon — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
WiMacTel
Suite 200 2225 E. Bayshore Road Palo Alto,CA 94303 Palo Alto, California United States of America

WiMacTel They charged me 130.84 for a short phone call to a local number from the airport Palo Alto, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WiMacTel responds to high rates

I traveled from Washington to Hawai and I made phone call using my credit card and was charged $130.84 for a phone call that lasted less than 5 minutes. I was no where informed about the rated of using my card but on the phone the said 50 cents unlimited for local numbers. I talked to some guy named "Joshua Mormarmon" and he offered 50% of my money back and said it was going to be back in 5-10 business days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WiMacTel/Palo-Alto-California-96817/WiMacTel-They-charged-me-13084-for-a-short-phone-call-to-a-local-number-from-the-airport-1009621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WiMacTel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WiMacTel responds to high rates

AUTHOR: James MacKenzie - (Canada)

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our services. If you are able I would appreciate if you can send me the details of the call so that I can investigate further as the price of your call does not sound correct for a local call.

It will cost considerably more than 50 cents that is posted on the phone as that is for coin calls only. It at times does cause confusion when callers believe that's the rate for any local call. Unfortunately we can't post the rates of credit card calls because there just isn't room to do so and the rates are complicated depending on where your calling, whether or not an operator assists you, if you are calling with a credit card, a calling card, calling collect, person to person, etc.

Credit card and collect calls using a payphone will be much higher than coin calls because of all the additional costs associated with these calls: commissions to the payphone owner, validation costs, regulatory costs, taxes, billing & collection costs, bad debt and live operators. We do provide the ability for callers to choose an option to hear the rate for the call but it can be missed by callers at times.

We care very much about customers being satisfied and that's why in instances where customers are surprised by the charges we try to assist right away when we are made aware of the problem. It sounds like one of our customer care team tried there best to do that.

Again, if you are willing, please drop me a note at ceo@wimactel.com with your details and I will investigate further.

Sincerely, James MacKenzie