- Report: #825642
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Widget Love
Widget LoveInternet United States of America
Widget Love KM Toys Scam, Runaround, Theft Internet
*UPDATE Employee: Order with Dealfind
Back in December, I purchased the Flying Clown Fish balloon voucher for $25 from Widget Love. I believe this voucher is a scam for many reasons and believe that even if I waited a year, I would never receive this balloon.
1. I ordered the balloon the day after I purchased the voucher so that my daughter would have it in time for Christmas (3 weeks from the date - ample time for shipping) After MANY inquiries via email & phone (which their voicemail box was always "full*) and they NEVER answered, I finally got a mass email response on 12/22 saying that they were swamped with orders and they were being shipped out that day (12/22). They also said that we would receive the balloon 2-3 weeks from that date. Ridiculous. I bought this for my daughter for Christmas - not after. Even with that, I thought I'd wait it out and be patient.
Well, today, I got another mass email after trying to contact them over & over to find out the status of the shipment saying a bunch of nonsensical information that I believe is just giving us the runaround. They said they're closed from 1/13-1/30 for the Chinese New Year but I just got the email today (1/20). Why say it was shipped and everything was fine and not a month and a half later saying there is an issue.
This is the second time I've had unacceptable service from a voucher I've received at Dealfind. I believe these companies should be thoroughly investigated before featuring them as it is more than obvious this company is not equipped to handle it. I know i"m not the only one that has had these issues as other friends of mine had purchased this voucher as well.
I have attached Widget Love's BOGUS latest email to me below:
First of all we would like to apologize if this message has taken a long time to make it into your inbox. We have had some service problems with our previous email provider and have since moved to a new one.
Thank you for taking the time to enter your order form at widgetlove.com, unfortunately one or more of your submissions for a Flying Fish could not be verified. This could be for a variety of reasons i.e. Invalid Code, Missing Data, Improper Zip Code etc... We are working on rebuilding our website to include, among other things, immediate verification that will save you this step in the future.
If you have already rectified this problem by re-submitting your order information at widgetlove.com or through communication with our Customer Service team, then please disregard this email.
Current order Status: UNVERIFIED THERE IS MISSING OR INCORRECT INFORMATION ON YOUR REDEMPTION FOR THAT WAS SUBMITTED.
ACTION REQUIRED: PLEASE GO BACK TO WIDGETLOVE.COM AND RESUBMIT THE FORM. PLEASE ENTER YOUR REDEMPTION CODE OR VOUCHER NUMBER EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS IN THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVED FROM THE WEBSITE WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE. YOUR ORDER WILL BE UPDATED AND PROCESSED WITHIN 2-3 DAYS OF COMPLETING YOUR VERIFIED FORM.
SHIPPING DELAY ALERT: We are shipping these products from our factory in Asia. Due to the Chinese New Year THERE WILL BE NO PRODUCTS SHIPPED BETWEEN JAN 13 and Jan 30, 2012.
If you have any further questions or concerns, or would like assistance in filling out the submission form, please call us at your convenience 1-800-990-6771. We thank you and appreciate your business.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2012 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Widget-Love/internet/Widget-Love-KM-Toys-Scam-Runaround-Theft-Internet-825642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.