Complaint Review: WidgetLove

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: Michele — SEVERN Maryland United States of America
WidgetLove
8300 Woddbine Ave. Markham, Ontario United States of America

WidgetLove Deal from SocialLiving for learning tablet very misleading Markham, Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Retro Kids

I purchased this for my 3 year old thinking that this inexpensive learning tablet would be a great substitute for the more expensive one's but now I'm out $25.  After waiting five weeks and several unaswered calls to the company (somehow email correspondence doesn't work) I finally received the product which was wrapped in paper with a bunch of Chinese written all over it.  Red flag!!  When I opened the box and pulled it out I couldn't believe that I paid $25 for a piece of plastic junk.  I couldn't even get the battery pack opened.  Also if you look on the box the verbage and syntax of the words were not what I would want my son to be learning.  Let's just say that you could tell this was from China.

I immediately emailed WidgetLove and asked for a return authorization number and I never heard back from them.  No surprise since they never returned my previous phone calls.  And if you read their return policy you are pretty much guaranteed they will not accept your return.  I contacted the Canadian BBB and filed a complaint and they have now told me that my case is closed and they cannot help me.  They did not explain why.  This is the second time I've been burned by buying products from LivingSocial but to be totally ignored by WidgetLove and then shunned by the BBB is disappointing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WidgetLove/Markham-Ontario-L3R-9Y7/WidgetLove-Deal-from-SocialLiving-for-learning-tablet-very-misleading-Markham-Ontario-976052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WidgetLove

Retro Kids

AUTHOR: Widget Love - (Canada)

Dear Customer,

We regret to hear that you are unhappy with your purchase. This order was purchased on Livignsocial and the product page they created explains that this is a toy, no glass, no LCD, very light weight, requires 2 AA batteries and is used to learn things like the alphabet, and words.

It was not the intention to mislead you and should Widget Love have had any intention to mislead customers (which makes sense as we'd be out of business quickly), we could have simply written that it has an abundance of features that it simply does not. This was not the case. Widget Love described the toy and it's functions.

There is a 30-Day refund policy, however, Widget Love will not incur cost of return shipment on the goods in question. If you had a factory defect, we would replace the item at our expense.

Please provide us with your Order ID number so we can further assist and compensate you as we truly only want to see our customers happy.

Thanks!