Complaint Review: Widgets N Things

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: GoldenGirl — Madison Alabama
Widgets N Things
1247 Jungerman Rd St Peters MO 63376, Select State/Province USA

Widgets N Things Rip Off Company -Products Don't Work and No Refunds St Peters Missouri

I used a Living Social to purchase an alcohol breathalyzer from WigdetsNThings. I tried to return the alcohol breathalyzer that I ordered from Widgetsnthings in April 2013. When we opened the package and attempted to use it, it never worked. It was cheap and defective. I wanedt a refund. I tried desperately to see how to return this product and to where. I emailed them from their website on May 11. I emailed Living Social on May 11, 2013 and called them.  I called a total of three times in one  month and left messages, but I have never heard back from them. I also never even received an email response from them.  Living Social also tried contacting them at some unpublished number today because they never responded to my email or called me back. After filing a complaint with Living Social, I finally got an email response to return the product. I had to pay the postage. After their received the alcohol breathalyzer, they claimed it worked and wanted me to pay the postage to receive it back. No way, my husband is an engineer, and I am not an idiot! It NEVER worked! Can you believe it? I told them that there is no way that I am paying postage again to receive that piece of junk back. Living Social would not back up the company either! They told me that I had to deal with the company! I want a refund! Shame on WigetsNThings and shame on Living Social!

Below is their response after I paid the postage to return the alcohol breathalyzer:

We have tested the item and it works properly. Sorry for your inconvenience we can send it back if you pay for postage but we do not refund. We do returns and replace broken product. But there is no issue with this item.

Sincerely,
Widgets N Things support staff.
Thank you.

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm cst

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Widgets-N-Things-/St-Peters-MO-63376-Select-StateProvince-63376/Widgets-N-Things-Rip-Off-Company-Products-Dont-Work-and-No-Refunds-St-Peters-Missouri-1064432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Widgets N Things