Complaint Review: Wikipedia, the Online Encyclopedia

wikipedia.org Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Wikipedia, the Online Encyclopedia This Open minded encyclopedia will rip you off mentally Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Wikipedia is a waste

*Consumer Comment: I agree

This encyclopedia that "anybody can edit" is nothing more then a sham site ran by jerks who delete other people's hard work. Recently I wrote 2 articles for them, it took me a long time, and the next day some user had deleted my work. Naturally, I was very mad and I went and deleted some of his, only to get a notice that removing content from the site is coinsidered "vandalism". Vandalism? What about my work that he removed? Stay away from this hypocritical disrespectful site. What everybody should do is mail this sites internet provider and tell them about this. They ripped me off, emotionally.

L
Sallisaw, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2005 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wikipedia-the-Online-Encyclopedia/internet/Wikipedia-the-Online-Encyclopedia-This-Open-minded-encyclopedia-will-rip-you-off-mentally-163907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wikipedia, the Online Encyclopedia

Wikipedia is a waste

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

There really is no point to editing anything on wikipedia anymore, it will be removed in a few weeks. I once had an article on my internet BBS site. A rather large one with over 2000 members. They removed it for being Non-notable, nevermind we referenced ourselves all over the place but that wasnt good enough as they said "Those are just people agreeing with your politics."
They have also removed popular youtube video creators and director's pages because they are 'non-notable'. That entire 'encyclopedia' is a waste of time to try and contribute anything to.

I agree

AUTHOR: Kingshades - (U.S.A.)

I was banned for the same thing. And I was writing articles for the purpose of a school assignment since it was a Web Writing course, my professor made us edit and create articles on Wikipedia. They were all deleted within seconds (speedily deleted for absurd reasons, like one I did on a literary theory was deleted in one minute for "non-notable autobiography", I don't know why since their reason is not right in any way, shape or form).

Now I got an F in the course and have to make up 3 credits to graduate a semester late.