Complaint Review: Wilcox Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Dan — Corpus Christi Texas U.S.A.
Wilcox Furniture
5858 S Padre Island Dr Corpus Christi, Texas United States of America

Wilcox Furniture Misleading when selling warranty Corpus Christi, Texas

When we purchased a bedroom set from Wilcox the sales person said the warranty we purchased was good for one repair only. And this was confirmed when they delivered foot board broken and they wanted me to submit a claim. I argued its new  at delivery why would I use my one time warranty repair for there damage. So they agreed and replaced the piece. But even they agreed it would go against the one time repair warranty.  So two years pass and we have a few nicks and scratches we call the warranty company. They ask for list of problems and dates of noticed  scratch. Thats when they inform me must be called in within 5 days. So now I have numerous scratches that are logged by warranty company can't get repaired. Warranty company says I could of had as many repairs as I liked within the 5 year plan.  After reading carefully the warranty it was as the warranty company said. My fault for not reading but I take issue with Wilcox Furniture when they sold the warranty and said it was for one repair....

So I'm stuck like chuck.... With a useless warranty I paid nearly 300.00 for.  Wilcox has nice furniture but there very misleading......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilcox-Furniture/Corpus-Christi-Texas-78412/Wilcox-Furniture-Misleading-when-selling-warranty-Corpus-Christi-Texas-1021180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilcox Furniture