Complaint Review: Wild Water & Wheels Water Park

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: Genevieve — Surfside Beach South Carolina United States of America
Wild Water & Wheels Water Park
910 Highway 17 S. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

Wild Water & Wheels Water Park Paid full price and half of the rides were closed due to park being under staffed. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

September 1st 2010 was my daughters 4th birthday.  My husband and I took the day off work to take her to "Wild Water & Wheels" in Myrtle Beach, SC.  We paid full ticket price to access the park and HALF of the rides she could ride were CLOSED, including "Wally's Lagoon".  She was able to ride the "Dark Hole" several times, approx. 6 times and on her 7th trip up the long..... steps, she was told by staff that she could no longer ride the "Dark Hole" because she was too short and management was watching.  Okay...... so earlier in the day when no managers were watching it was okay to let my child ride and now she can't.  I hated to see my daughter upset, so I called a manager on duty - BIG MISTAKE.  He told me that it was my job to not put my child in danger, which was an insult.  He didn't care that most of the rides for her age group were closed.  He was very rude and refused to refund even a half of days admission back to me.  WE LEFT and I can say, WE WILL NEVER GO BACK and we are locals.  I have never been so embarresed and felt like he really ruined a day that was supposed to be so special.  It seems to me that WILD WATER & WHEELS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR GUEST, next time we will just go to the beach, it would have been more fun!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wild-Water-Wheels-Water-Park/Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-29575/Wild-Water-Wheels-Water-Park-Paid-full-price-and-half-of-the-rides-were-closed-due-to-p-640393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wild Water & Wheels Water Park