Complaint Review: WildTangent Games HP Games Wild Coins

• Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:Laguna Beach California
WildTangent Games HP Games Wild Coins
www.wildgames.com Internet U.S.A.

WildTangent Games HP Games Wild Coins HP WildCoins Rip-Off. REoccuring montly charges, WildGames/Wild Tangent wont let you cancel Internet

*Consumer Comment: Ummm

HP should be ashamed of doing business with this company. My son wanted to play a game so told me he could purchase enough coins for 7 dollars and could he have my credit card. I signed him up (yes, my fault for not reading the fine print) but then we never even played. The next month when I saw I was getting a reoccuring charge, I emailed and said could the account be canelled due to a mistake and the fact that the wording is VERY misleading. Impossible to get anyone on the phone, the only way to get in touch with "customer service" is to submit an inquiry through the website. They responded with the only way to opt out of this 7 dollars a month was pay for the whole thing right now...so 84 dollars for a game my 5 year old son never played. I can't remember feeling this helpless in a long time. What a terrible company.Makes me sick.

See below for thier response.
Why am I being charged again for WildCoins - I thought I only bought them once?
When you sign up for a plan, such as the Super Saver Pack, you receive 50 WildCoins every month at a significant discount and agree to receive WildCoins each month for a predetermined number of months. This information is very clearly included in the terms of use document and displayed on screen when you purchase the plan.

Jessica
Laguna Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2009 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WildTangent-Games-HP-Games-Wild-Coins/internet/WildTangent-Games-HP-Games-Wild-Coins-HP-WildCoins-Rip-Off-REoccuring-montly-charges-Wil-434084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WildTangent Games HP Games Wild Coins

Ummm

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

It IS very clear and obvious. You have to choose a plan option, so it would be a little difficult to miss. Was you intention actually to cancel the agreement after you got the amount of coins you wanted (it IS clear that's not really an option)? The page that comes up (as of now and for at least the last few several months I've had it) says select purchase option either; Super Saver: 50 coins a month for minimum of 12 months at $6.99 a month, FUN: same but $7.99 a month for minimum 6 months, Casual: same but $9.99 for minimum 2 months OR, no savings club and 400 wildcoins for $69.99 no subscription no club benefit pretty much. It's not even fine print and IS right there. No clicking to find any of that out, it's right with the price before you go any further. Not misleading at all IMO. Anyone that has HP and the game console can check that. The description of the plan is right next to the payment. If you clicked the 6.99 for minimum of 12 months and only intended to use it for the one month and then cancel in order to pay less, that would be more like trying to rip THEM off, wouldn't it? *just my opinions*

surplus