Complaint Review: WildTangent Games Wild Coins

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:San Francisco California
WildTangent Games Wild Coins
18578 NE 67th Court, Bldg. 5 Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

WildTangent Wild Coins - WildTangent Games HP Games - WildCoins ripoff overcharge won't refund can't cancel rude representatives Redmond Washington

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Similar Experience with Wildcoins

I signed up for a service that stated you get 50 wildcoins for $9.99 a month for two months. On the third month I was charged $9.99. I filled out a customer service form (since no one answers their phone number) and told them I was overcharged, I wished to cancel, and wanted a refund.

The reponse was that I should have read the fine print-that I had to physically cancel not to be charged again-and a cut and paste answer on how to cancel. I cancelled (you have to log in to your account and click cancel), but was still upset they "got" me with the fine print.

This month, I was charged again! 4th month in a row! I again "cancelled" by clicking the button on their site, filed a complaint, and said I wanted a refund. The guy that responds, Joe, states that I had not cancelled, and that he is not issuing a refund. He said I can forward him my email confirmation for cancellation from last month and he will give a refund. I did not receive an email cancellation for last month, nor did I receive one for this month. I have no way to prove I cancelled because they do not give a confirmation number. This company is a fraud and HP should be ashamed to be associated with them.

All they have to do is take the stupid coins back and give my money back! The company would actually make a profit off of me- as I usually pay full price for the games I like. From now on, I will be taking my business elsewhere. All that so they can keep my $20. What a crock.

Jen_503
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WildTangent-Games-Wild-Coins/Redmond-Washington-98052/WildTangent-Wild-Coins-WildTangent-Games-HP-Games-WildCoins-ripoff-overcharge-wont-re-421510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WildTangent Games Wild Coins

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Bengalis - (U.S.A.)

I was concerned enough about being ripped off to read the user agreement and discovered quickly that the contract would be auto-renewed. I also found that if you cancel the contract you are required to buyout the remainder of the coins. Since the game i wanted was 50 coins/20 dollars, and the same 2 month plan you were referring to was 100 coins/ 20 dollars; I simply bought the plan, cancelled it, got the 100 coins and could not figure out how to use the coins to buy the game. I was told upon filing a complaint with customer service that only Active accounts (i.e. accounts that are auto-renewing) could actually use the coins to purchase games.

Its OK though they informed me because I can still use the coins to play the game. Upon pressing the issue and threatening to sue for purposes of principle, the response to my 6th complaint was that they had never recieved a complaint from me before, and that if i wanted to cancel my 12 month subscription i had to buy all the coins!! The nerve of these people is unbelievable, and their customer "support" could not have been less helpful or more like an automated advertising machine.

Here is the ONLY clause in the user agreement that is supposed to tell you that cancelled account coins cant be used for purchases...

"Additionally, upon cancellation of your Subscription Plan, your participation in the WildClub Program will terminate and you will no longer be entitled to the benefits of the WildClub Program."

This does not seem like it is clear enough to be legal, It must be illegal to attach a false value to an item and then sell it. This is the equivalent of buying a 20 dollar Best Buy gift card only to have them tell you they cancelled the gift card program!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds