Complaint Review: Wildblue High Speed

• Submitted: Sat, August 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 01, 2009

• Reported By:Sonora California
Wildblue High Speed
www.wildblue.com Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

Wildblue High Speed Thieves, Liars, Scam Artists Englewood Colorado

On June 30, 2009, I orderes Wildblue Internet Service. I paid an ititial setup fee in the amount of $99.95. I was instructed that I would be required to pay the installer an additional $194.85 at the time of installation. I agreed to these charges.

When the installer, Matt Erickson, arrived at my home on July 10, 2009, they informed me that I would be required to pay an additional charge in the amount of $150.00 for installation. I informed him that I had agreed to pay him $194.85 but I would not pay an additional $150.00. I instructed him to leave and cancel the order. He did leave, but returned a short time later and agreed to complete the installation for the amount I had agreed with Wildblue on the date I placed the order.

The installation was completed and the service seemed to be performing satisfactorily. So far, so good.................until July 16, 2009.

On July 16, 2009, as I customarily do, I checked my bank balance. To my horror, I saw that Wildblue, with no word to anyone, went into my bank account, like a thief in the night, and helped themselves to an additional $216.00. By now I have had Wildblue's service for less than one week and I am already out $640.95.

I immediately went to my bank and inquired how it was possible for someone like Wildblue to do such a thing with no authorization or permission from me. My bank told me they did not know but they would find out. I informed my bank that I was closing my account and placing my money someplace where I will be better protected. Aparantly, this bank does not have many depositors who maintains an average balance of almost $4,000.00 in their checking account and they became very upset at this prospect. I told them that if they can recover my $216.00 I MIGHT remain with them. When I left the bank, the bank manager was on the phone with Wildblue. I do not know the outcome of their conversation, but my $216.00 has not reappeared in my bank account, so I assume Wildblue has also been successful at conning the bank.

Subsequently, the speed of the Wildblue service has deteriorated drastically. I cannot even access half the sites I use and I have simply stopped using Wildblue.

I have noted on Ripoff Report, numerous other complaints about Wildblue. My mistake for not checking before contacting these scam artists. But, I want to do my part to warn other consumers to avid these people like the plague.

Sam
Sonora, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wildblue-High-Speed/Englewood-Colorado-80155-4427/Wildblue-High-Speed-Thieves-Liars-Scam-Artists-Englewood-Colorado-475585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wildblue High Speed