Complaint Review: Wildblue Internet Service Provider

• Submitted: Tue, June 19, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 19, 2012

• Reported By: Dissatisfied Native — Navajo Nation Other United States of America
Wildblue Internet Service Provider

Wildblue Internet Service Provider Sold me a service that they couldn't provide, didn't bother to contact me to tell me that they wouldn't be providing it. Internet

In looking for high speed service in my area, I was told that Wildblue would provide the fastest service.  I called to set up the order, was billed, and was told that they're installation team would contact me within 72 hours.  After not hearing from them for over 72 hours, I called and was told that they can't install in my area.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that my order was placed in a queue that might not be fulfilled for over 6 weeks, and that my only options were to cancel or wait.

I told them that I wanted to cancel and was told that I would be transferred with a hold time of about three minutes.  I waited for closer to ten minutes before I hung up and called again, choosing their cancellation option on their phone menu.  There was no estimated hold time given, and so I waited five minutes before calling again and choosing another option.

This time, I called through customer service again and was speaking to a live person in under 3 minutes.  When I spoke to the agent, telling her everything I just went through, she told me that she would go ahead and cancel my account and refund my card.  I asked her why the original supervisor didn't just cancel it instead of making me waste what was now close to 30 minutes of my time, and she apologized.  I told her to continue with the cancellation and to please let me speak to her supervisor.  I waited for an additional 10 minutes before hanging up.

Wanting to confirm that the cancellation was actually processed, I called again and chose billing.  I was on with a live person in about 2 minutes.  She confirmed that the cancellation was processed, had no information on availability.  Now, because I wanted to see if there was even a straight answer to get, she transferred me to sales, where a recording told me that it would be 4 to 6 weeks and to call back in JANUARY!  This is JUNE!  Four to six weeks from now would be July/August!  It's obvious that this is an ongoing issue with them and that they are using old recordings instead of staying up to date.

I need internet service now.  Wildblue promised a 3-day contact and service within 6 days, only to change it so that it would be at least two months, or if their recording was right, sometime in 2013.  Bad service, over-promise with NO delivery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wildblue-Internet-Service-Provider/internet/Wildblue-Internet-Service-Provider-Sold-me-a-service-that-they-couldnt-provide-didnt-b-899769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wildblue Internet Service Provider