Complaint Review: Wilderness North And Uneven Lake Lodge

• Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Rockford Minnesota
Wilderness North And Uneven Lake Lodge
Box 22012 Strathcona R.P.O./P O Box 723 Thunder Bay/Ashland WI, Ontario Canada

Wilderness North And Uneven Lake Lodge Lost my tackle box, poor to NO customer service in regards to finding & returning it Thunder Bay/Ashland WI Ontario, Canada and WI

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to Cindy

July 2007 I flew out of Uneven Lake Lodge on a Wilderness North plane after a fishing trip. This was the 4th year we had fished with them. At the dock I personally handed my tackle box up to be loaded on the plane but it never made it home with me. Somehow it was left at the Wilderness North base camp. This was the first time something did not make it home for any of the 8 women on the trip!

I called there the next day; they said they would look for it. After numerous calls and email to them an employee, Mark, called in Sept. stating he found it in their room where they keep rental tackle. He requested I email a detailed content list and stated he would re-assemble my tackle box and mail it to me. I sent the email the next day.

In January 2008 after more emails sent to them, I sent a letter US Mail to Wilderness North's owner Alan Cheeseman, pleading to hear something about my tackle box. NO RESPONSE.

Bill Turner co-owner of Uneven Lake Lodge, was included on email communication, NO RESPONSE.

On June 5, 2008 I called Wilderness North and spoke with a woman who told me it was not my tackle box they found. She stated that their rental tackle boxes are blue. She said Alan had spoken with Uneven Lake Lodge co-owner Bill Turner when he received my letter and thought Bill would contact me, taking care of the matter. Which is a lie, 4 weeks after mailing the letter I sent email to Alan and 2 weeks after that Krista (Alan's wife) on their personal accounts I begged for a response! So they knew the matter was not resolved! They choose to ignore the problem hoping it would go away, rather than take time to reply to an email or call one of the 3 phone numbers I provided them.

So I asked the woman that's it, no one was ever going to contact me or reply to an email I had recently sent directly to Mark? Her response was we are too busy now, we receive hundreds of email everyday. We thought Bill took care of the matter. Before hanging up I asked who am I speaking to? She replied Krista!

I am out $700 - $800 worth of tackle without even an apology. I believe they did find my tackle box and are hesitant to return it without all of the tackle I listed, in my communication I had mentioned them sending a check for $100 or so to make up for what was missing!

At this point I want what is mine, if Wilderness North weren't 435 miles from my home I would drive up there and request to see their tackle room. Seems "fishy" that someone who works there found it but months later it wasn't found?

Cindy
Rockford, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2008 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilderness-North-And-Uneven-Lake-Lodge/Thunder-BayAshland-WI-Ontario-P7A-8A854806/Wilderness-North-And-Uneven-Lake-Lodge-Lost-my-tackle-box-poor-to-NO-customer-service-in-339571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilderness North And Uneven Lake Lodge

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to Cindy

AUTHOR: Ken Ull - (U.S.A.)

Cindy from Rockford is unfairly implying that Uneven Lake Lodge lost her tackle
box. By her own account she stated that she placed her items on the plane when
she left Uneven Lake. At that time the air carrier ( Wilderness North) assumed
responsibility for Cindy, her group and their gear. Upon landing it is the practice
of W.N. to first unload all passengers and then move their gear by dock carts to
their waiting vehicles where each group takes control of their possessions. W.N
should have been told at that time that items were missing.

Cindy did not contact Uneven Lake Lodge either by phone or by email and
apparently misunderstands that ULL and W.N. are seperate corporations. That coupled with the fact that Bill Turner is no longer associated with Uneven Lake has given Cindy wrong impressions of both companies. If Cindy would call ULL and talk to Ken they may be able to resolve this issue to her satisfaction. If she
provides a description of her missing gear we will do our utmost to see that it returns to her.

It should also be noted that Wilderness North is an excellent outfitter and air carrier with the highest degree of safety and integrity.

Ken