Complaint Review: Wilderness Resort

• Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — District heights Maryland United States of America
Wilderness Resort
9220 plank rd,spotsylvania va Internet United States of America

Wilderness Resort Fraud, I paid in FULL now I'm getting a $5000+ Bill and they say my recept isn't enough proof??? Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This is NOT Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells

*UPDATE Employee: Timeshares not owned by Wilderness Resort

So in 2009 my husband and I decided to put our money to good use and get a timeshare. His mom passed away and the money he got was enough to treat ourselves.

We liked our salesperson and made a quick purchase because we were really happy with all the perks. We paid 7,900 and still had a balance of 1047 for fees ect. We set up a payment plan for the fees being told we would be able to use as a tax credit for next year if we paid the fees this way. We were super happy.

Here we are 2012 and we are getting letters saying we still owe $5000+ so I fax our receipt to the office and now I'm told that's not good enough I need to go threw my bank and get more proof. I just realized that the joint acct for bills has been getting monthly deductions STILL!!! It shows I have paid $7000 + since 09!!!!!

The company says the receipt is just a work order but it has everyone's signatures ect and it shows balances proving we paid and owed only a little over $1000.

I'm so angry I have to go threw court to fight this rip off of a company and sue because someone was stealing from them and I'm the one left in the dust

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilderness-Resort/internet/Wilderness-Resort-Fraud-I-paid-in-FULL-now-Im-getting-a-5000-Bill-and-they-say-my-rec-917348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilderness Resort

This is NOT Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells

AUTHOR: Wilderness Resort Management Team - (United States of America)

The owners of Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells were so concerned about this post that we contacted Wyndham Vacation Ownership, which operates a time share property on the Wilderness Territory

grounds, to see if we could help this complaint be resolved quickly. We just learned according to Wyhdham that this complaint is not for the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells but rather a Wilderness Resort or Lodge out in Pennsylvania or Virginia that has timeshares apparently. It is not affiliated at all with the Wisconsin Dells property.

Timeshares not owned by Wilderness Resort

AUTHOR: Wilderness Resort Management Team - (United States of America)

Please note: The Wilderness Resort is not in the timeshare business. This complaint is in regard to a separate company -- Wyndham Vacation Ownership -- which operates a separate time share property on the grounds of the Wilderness Territory. The owners of the Wilderness Resort would like to encourage you to contact the Wisconsin Dells Wyndham Claims Department at 608-254-4206 or 608-253-8800 to get assistance with this problem. Or, we would recommend that you call the Wyndham Corporate Offic efor Time Share Owners at 1-800-251-8736. We hope you can get this situation resolved quickly.