Complaint Review: Wildwood Baptist Preschool

• Submitted: Wed, November 29, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 04, 2006

• Reported By:kennesaw Georgia
Wildwood Baptist Preschool
Wade Green Road Acworth, Georgia U.S.A.

Wildwood Baptist Preschool Diane Snyder disciplines the kids HER way Ripoff Acworth Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Have Heard Wonderful Things

*UPDATE Employee: Here are the facts

*Consumer Comment: "60s school of discipline"??

*Consumer Comment: I Do Have A Child In This School

*Consumer Comment: Questions for Michele

*Consumer Comment: one other thing

*Consumer Comment: WOW you 2 are jerks

*Consumer Comment: Good job

*Consumer Suggestion: Guess what?...

The director of Wildwood Baptist Preschool in Acworth will discipline the children that are in her care and that she is paid to teach and watch HER OWN WAY!

She doesn't have to give an explanation because she's the director.

Today I went to get my son from school and was told by his teacher that after he had a drink of water and he spit it out towards another child that Diane took him to the bathroom and made him "spit until he could spit no more".

I am livid and even more so AFTER I spoke with Diane who told me that she has done this in the past and it "works".

If you have any children in this preschool I highly recommend pulling them out IMMEDIATELY!

michele
kennesaw, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2006 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wildwood-Baptist-Preschool/Acworth-Georgia-30102/Wildwood-Baptist-Preschool-Diane-Snyder-disciplines-the-kids-HER-way-Ripoff-Acworth-Georgi-222854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wildwood Baptist Preschool

Have Heard Wonderful Things

AUTHOR: MomofOne - (United States of America)

I know several people who send their children to this school and I have heard nothing but consistently wonderful things from the parents and children.  All of their children seem to flourish in this school and are excited to go to school each day.  I have heard the children talk about exciting learning activities, being "top banana" and other fun projects on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, I live about an hour away; otherwise, I would love to send my son there. I have also heard wonderful things about the Director and just wanted to let everyone know that from what I have heard, this consumer report seems to be the exception not the rule.

Here are the facts

AUTHOR: Leah - (U.S.A.)

First, let me clarify the facts. The child that was so "harshly" disciplined had spit into a child's face on Tues. Michele was notified and did not offer her form of discipline if/when it happened again. The very next day, the child again spit into another child's face and was told if it happened again, he would need to see Diane.

The child spit AGAIN in another child's face and was sent to Diane. Diane's form of discipline was not to "spit until you can spit no more." She simply said they would remain at the potty until he spit in the toilet. This can be confirmed by at least 4 other employees at the school.

I work in the office of this preschool. On a daily basis we see children come to our office that are having behavioral issues in the classroom. It has become apparent that many parents are failing at home to instruct their children in proper respect of authority and behavior towards peers and adults. The only discipline meted out by Diane has been that of hugging the child, reaffirming the use of "loving hands" or "loving words" and asking the child to think about their behavior in that situation. In most cases, the child admits wrong and would prefer to properly behave in the classroom to sitting in the office. If Diane's form of discipline is too harsh, then heaven help our future.

By the way, I have had 2 children go through this school and have a third there now. Every employee at the school is there because they love God and love children. They are not here for the money, but because year after year God has instilled in each of them a love for children. This, certainly, is NOT a preschool I would want my children removed from as soon as possible.

"60s school of discipline"??

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand what you mean by "60s school of discipline." Do you believe that discipline need not exist in today's society? Were YOU disciplined as a child? Seeing as how you admit to only "talking" to your kid when he does something wrong, it is no wonder that he is not worried about consequences for his actions. The day care in this case was completely just in their choice of discipline.

I Do Have A Child In This School

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I currently have a child in the Wildwood Baptist Preschool and had another child go through the preschool 5 years ago. I have not had any issues with discipline from the preschool.

Having met and spoken to Diane Snyder several times, I think you are wrong about Diane. She worked hard to get this preschool started 12 years ago and has stayed because she cares so much for the children. When my child walks through those doors I know that he will be loved and taught by teachers and a director that are there for the kids.

I can't help but wonder if your child had been spit on by someone else, what would you have expected Diane to do with the other child?

Maybe wherever you take your children, you should get involved in the school. Volunteer whenever possible so you can actually see what is going on in the school.

Good luck finding a place with a director that cares as much as Diane Snyder.

Questions for Michele

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

As the parent, what is YOUR idea of acceptable discipline for such behavior?

How do you feel that the school was out of line for disciplining your child? Did you give them specific instructions ahead of time as to what you wanted them to do in response to your child spitting at other people?

one other thing

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

I have every right to have a say in any type of discipline if it involves my child.

Private schools, church preschools, daycare centers and public schools can't just do anything they please and get away with it either. There are laws in this country.

I'm not here to debate anything with the 2 of you and I didn't ask YOUR opinion I am simply stating facts.

WOW you 2 are jerks

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

You two must be from the 60s school of discipline. I don't allow my child to spit or spit water here at home and he has been told not to do it. Unless you 2 have children in that school that I PAID for MY KIDS to go to you really have no say in it.

BTW they don't go there anymore.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I am talking about the director of course, not you. I'll assume your version of discipline is basically doing nothing that involves causing the child to feel disappointment, or frustration.

If your version of discipline worked, your child would not need to be disciplined at school. The fact that your child spits at other kids shows a complete lack of self control on his part, and a lack of discipline along with it.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Guess what?...

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

This is a PRIVATE school. Seems to me that can discipline their students as they seem fit. You as the parent, can "vote with your feet" and enroll your children elsewhere, but as it is a private facility, you don't have the right to dictate their policies.

JMHO