Complaint Review: Wilhelmina Brown (Austin)

• Submitted: Tue, March 13, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Sel — Austin Texas United States of America
Wilhelmina Brown (Austin)
106 E. 6th Street Austin, TX 78701 Austin, Texas United States of America

Wilhelmina Brown ,Austin , Have not returned refund for unauthorized credit card transaction. Austin, Texas

I met with Wilhelmina Brown's staff in August of 2011 for an audition and highly considered trying there acting classes however I felt skeptical about signing a contract binding me to pay almost $1000 for acting classes with no guarantee for work. I did not sign the contract but my credit card was on file with one of their reps and I assumed they would only run it after receiving my signature of authorization. I was wrong, they ran my credit card for the deposit of the classes totaling $180 followed by a collection agency called TFC calling and harassing me for an unpaid balance.

I contacted Wilhelmina Brown and this was their response and the last I heard from them(10/20/11).

BBB can't seem to get a response from their party as well.

Selah,
I have submitted your refund to accounting and they will be mailing you a check within 14 days. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Carol HickeyWilhelmina Development
911 W Anderson Lane #205Austin, TX 78757
carol@wilhelminadevelopment.com
512-377-9031 x 102

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhelmina-Brown-Austin/Austin-Texas-78701/Wilhelmina-Brown-Austin-Have-not-returned-refund-for-unauthorized-credit-card-transacti-853112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhelmina Brown (Austin)