Complaint Review: Wilhelmina Scouting Network

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2003

• Reported By:hiram Georgia
Wilhelmina Scouting Network
70 Perimeter Center Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Wilhelmina Scouting Network Tried to scam me with their "vice president" Atlanta Georgia

I was scouted outside of a store. I told her I was not interested but would like for my daughter to try. My first question to her was, "Will I need to spend money"? She said no.

I was given a # to call to setup my interview. I was late arriving and told they might not see me or my daughter. The receptionist said the vice president of the company was visiting this Atlanta location only for 2 weeks and that if I apoligized, he would fit me in. I explained why I was late and my daughter and I started the 3 steps to the interview.

We watched a video, she had 3 photos taken, talked with the "vice president", and the last step, the paperwork. It stated that I needed to pay $995 to setup my daughter's comp cards over the internet and a monthly fee of $19.95. I told her no, the scout told me no money was involved. I told her if I needed to pay money upfront, I did not want to do this. She left the room a moment and returned with the "VP" He stated that if I did not take advantage of this now, I was missing a great opportunity. I told them I would need to talk to my husband as $1000 is alot of money. They offered for me to use their phone. They really pressured me...laying on all the compliments of how my daughter would hit it big...trying to even to get me to model. They just wanted another $1000 from me. Please be aware!!

Katrina
hiram, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2003 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network/Atlanta-Georgia/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network-Tried-to-scam-me-with-their-vice-president-Atlanta-Georgia-61809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhelmina Scouting Network