Complaint Review: Wilhelmina Scouting Network

• Submitted: Fri, October 24, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 24, 2003

• Reported By:South Plainfield New Jersey
Wilhelmina Scouting Network
3100 Princeton Pike Lawrenceville, New Jersey U.S.A.

Wilhelmina Scouting Network ripoff scam Lawrenceville New Jersey

My name is Christina. I am writing to you to inform you that Wilhelmina scammed me and my father as well and I am trying to find away to get some if not all of our money back, especially since they are still charging my father's bank account a monthly fee.

Over the summer (I was 16 yrs old) I was in the Menlo Park Mall in Edison New Jersey with a friend when a scout for Wilhelmina approached me. He said I was gorgeous and just what they were looking for. He said he wanted to meet with me and my parents to discuss modeling. I took his card and my father and I called.

My father was extremely cautious and worried about being scammed but they assured us they were a legitimate company, who had helped Usher and Nsync as well as many others and were affiliated with Wilhelmina Modeling agency in NYC. They also guaranteed me at least 7 jobs a month or more and that I would be making a lot of money. I was also asked to go to Modeling Competitions in Florida which would cost more money, and a photo shoot which I did and didn't even get photos, I only received online photos which I had to print out myself.

My father is raising me and my brother alone and has very little money but he knew modeling was dream since I was a little girl and maxed out his credit cards in hopes I would be able to pursue my dream. Now my father is in serious debt and we are both completely appalled by this terrible crime Wilhelmina has committed. What can we do? Can you help us?

Christina
South Plainfield, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2003 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network/Lawrenceville-New-Jersey-08648/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network-ripoff-scam-Lawrenceville-New-Jersey-70017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhelmina Scouting Network