Complaint Review: Wilhelmina Scouting Network

• Submitted: Sun, November 16, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, November 16, 2003

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Wilhelmina Scouting Network
841 Broadway Suite 500 New York, New York U.S.A.

Wilhelmina Scouting Network ripoff dishonest New York New York

I went to an open call with a friend and was both asked to come again. We were both told that we got accepted and was asked to pay $995 that day. We were both hesitant on spending such an obscene amount of money but were told that this opportunity will not come again and that they would not be able to hold onto our spots if we did not either pay the full amount or at least a down payment.

She raved about the company and how much jobs the models receive. While my friend made a down payment of $200, I was asked if I had a credit card and how much limit I had on it because I did not have any cash with me. They charged the whole $995 insisting that I would make back the money I spent that day on the jobs that I would get within a month or two. She talked about the bookings..that they had many print and promo jobs out there especially for beginner models such as myself.

During the months I was with them, I was only contacted twice. Once was when they informed me about Fashion Rock and the second time about a month ago on my answering machine asking me how my modeling career was going (contacted twice during the seven month period). I bookings I received were mostly for handing out fliers and such and was NOT worth spending almost $1000 for (I could have recieved those job postings anywhere else for free). I got more connections and tfp with photographers at onemodelplace.com and I only paid $50 for the year. Wilhelmina is ripping people off, promising them a positive modeling career. I am in the process of trying to deactivate my account with them and suggesting others to do the same and stay clear of them.

Jeong (Michelle)
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2003 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network/New-York-New-York-10003/Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network-ripoff-dishonest-New-York-New-York-72114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhelmina Scouting Network